Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
So I get ahold of a BAT pipe and BAT MAF adapter and guess what...either one them work The IAT is TOO BIG and will never, ever fit into the BAT pipe, not even close! How hard is it to make something to sell to people and have it work, I mean you make the prototype, check the FITMENT, RE-TRY IT, then check it again and again and again and gain and again till its 100% right, period You gotta have that in there so the computer can read the incoming air, very important to ANY car! Then we come to the BAT MAF adapter, no way to take out ALL (4) screws from the stock MAF adapter and the holes aren't even the same size, not even close Once again, how hard is it to make something right So if anyone wants a nice BAT pipe and BAT MAF adapter, let me know, thanks!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
I take it you bought this new? If so, I would call them. Maybe you got an old one, I mean a real old one. This is from there catalog...

Note: pipes are redesigned (as of 9/01) with a larger port for the ACT sensor which puts the sensor in the air stream and simplifies installation.

As for the MAF Adaptor, I had no problems with mine so I have no idea. I am not sure why you cannot remove the 4 bolts from the stock MAF, but... just call them and see what they can work out for ya.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'll just say that i had issues with the install of my y pipe from them. In addition my maf adapter was too small. I always thought bat had a good reputation, but i've not been having great sucesses with them. One thing i will mention though is that their customer service is first rate. Good luck.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
My IAT sensor didn't fit either. So I bought some high temp silicon and sealed that puppy in there. When I take the BAT pipe off to do work, I just unplug the connector from the sensor. I've never had any problems with leaks or the sensor falling out...and it's been about two years since I've had it.

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I actually did buy mine used, but the suggestion about siliconing the IAT in there is baffling. I mean it doesn't even fit, so I guess if want to make it work I need to take it to the guy who makes our dead pedals (which fit right!) and have him machine the hole bigger. How hard is it to make something fit right from the start, really As far as the BAT MAF goes, 2 of the double threaded studs will not come out and I'm not sure what to do there either w/o stripping them All this just to not have a "ghetto intake" as its been called, no thanks. Anyone want to buy a brand new BAT MAF adapter and real nice, shiny BAT pipe, let me know!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Huh. No problems here with suspension or brake components from BAT.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
E
ejo Offline
E
Lets not go off half-cocked here. As a business owner I shudder at posts like these. I have both the components you are speaking about on myown car. Both were purchased new from BAT and both fit and function fine. Now yours are used, without any documentation of where and when they were purchased. My business is manufacturing and sell custom high end jewelry. Very often I have people misrepresent "clone" items as my own. Worse, my reputation is in question and now you are doing the same thing to another company. Realize you purchased something used which cannot be substantiated. Don't continue the assumption that BAT in anyway did you wrong. I think that everyone should try their hand in running a business in todays market before throwing stones and making libellous comments. I think anyone who reads this post and has any stake in what they do for a living will agree with my comments.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
BAT, from my experience, is not a company I plan to deal with again if I can help it.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
E
ejo Offline
E
From what I've read on the forum all the vendors stink. Maybe you can do better? Go out and try selling your wears and servicing the ever more difficult "customer". Ever notice thae same people have problems with everyone...

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
My only problem with Bat is that when I ordered something they guy did not know anything at all and I suspected he was drunk. I had to repeat my billing info to him like 4 times. They also told me I would get a tracking number but never did.

I did get my parts and they were in good shape. I won't deal with them if I can get what I need elsewhere at a similar price.

Heaven forbid us CEGers purchase something and expect some sort of decent customer service in return.

I think you hear more bad stories then good because people don't think much of it if a deal goes smoothly but make a big deal about it when it goes bad.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard