Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Shaggy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The list of work:
- Bulldog box with pressure lube kit (his own design)
- Quaife
- UR Stage 1 clutch and lightened/balanced OE SVT Flywheel
- HD custom made halfshafts from Driveshaftshop.com...made for the Contour MTX-75, should fit the Cougar as well. They can handle 325hp+ safely, for my, uhm upcoming projects
- Oil filter relocation kit, modified - there is really no kit for the 2.5 SVT, so a custom boss (where the oil filter screws had to be made), made from a standard 2.5 was used and sandwhiched with my OE oil cooler (he may be selling these as a custom kit soon)
- 3qt capacity AccuSump, btw my motor now takes almost 9 quarts of oil! 6 standard, 2 from the AccuSump and the additional oil lines
- Electric waterpump (supposed to free up 3-5hp), the car runs cool and it seems to be getting better MPG since the motor is running a bit cooler, yet, there is a manual override if I want to heat the cabin up faster
- BAT handling kit, lowers the car more than I wanted to, about 1.5 - 1.75", seems to be a bit rough, but the car was loaded down with stuff
- Battery relocation, because there wasn't any addtional room under the hood with the AccuSump (its huge!!!)
- 60 service and maintenance, dumped all of the fluids, replaced the brushes on the alternator and fixed my starter
- Fixed my O2 problems...he found that the extensions I made for my O2s were not so good and he fixed them and bye-bye CEL!!
- Fixed some problems that the dealer service department made for me.

Now for the pix:
Bulldog box pressure lube manifold, oil filter relocation, 3Qt-capacity AccuSump and relocated battery.

A few guages, with a custom, soon to be released to all, post-98 center console with room for 4 2 1/16" guages (don't mind the mess!) Under the steering wheel is the brain for the electric water pump.

The Mondeo lower door molding installed by me! smile (Am I in the running for one of the dirtiest SVTs?? smile )

The BAT handling kit lowered my car about 1-1.5".

Two hoses off the manifold, for the pressure lube system, burst. I was on line waiting for my emissions test when I lost most of the tranny fluid. Terry has ordered me new hoses, higher temp and pressure, to temporarily replace the exisiting hoses. He will replace all of the hoses the day before SZ for me. He will also redesign the lube manifold to make it fit better and look cleaner. All in all, I have been happy with the work.

BTW, I passed emissions with flying colors, with headers and only the main CAT. smile

Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost w/Frankentrans
carsla AT optonline DOT net
P
Master P
Master P
P
I can't even begin to figure out what all that crap is there under the hood!

E
E
That looks sweet!!!!!

Now all we need is prices, please?

'95 Contour GL, zetec mtx, drop in K&N, exhaust res removed, 4 10" Kenwoods powered by 1000W Visonik amp, 4 5"x7"/6"x8" Visoniks

"Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare."

www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
P
P
those tubes look sweet

better clean your KKM

Silver 00 SVT
P
P
Wooow, Chris. Went a lil' overboard there, did we?? laugh I am thoroughly impressed, that is one trick oiling system.

You know we want a review of the famed Bulldog box hmm?? How does it go?

S
SVT Offline
S
Tell me more about this Post 98 Console!!! Any prices!!

Ryan
Toreador Red
1998 SVT #2843

"Performance in the hands of few"
S
Shaggy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Silversvt:
Wooow, Chris. Went a lil' overboard there, did we?? laugh I am thoroughly impressed, that is one trick oiling system.

You know we want a review of the famed Bulldog box hmm?? How does it go?

I will clean that KKM when I have some time. I'mnot really driving the car right now, my hours changed at work. smile

The bulldog box is great. Terry didn't have to do much in the way of upgrading b/c I was lucky enough to get a new Mondeo tranny, one of the last in the country, a few months back. Terry's system makes the tranny shift like butter. Even when the car is cold, as soon as you turn it on, the tranny pump turns on (a bit loud and I'm going to try to fix it) and shoots the synchros and gears with oil. All of my shifts are effortless! But, since those to hoses had let go, the shifting is the same as stock. Terry did ask me to keep it easy, which I have, until the new hoses arrive.

He will be redesigning the manifold to fit my specific application to get it out of the heat and for it to sit lower. Plus, it will look better and have better temp/pressure hoses.

The price for his work was $4100, not including some of the parts I gave him. In total, I have spent 6k, but I did save for three months for all of this stuff. Plus, I've been buying parts since last spring! This was a huge mod-stage for me and I'm happy I did it this way. Cheaper in the long run. smile

Thanks for the comments/questions, keep them coming.

Chris
NJ
S
Shaggy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT:
Tell me more about this Post 98 Console!!! Any prices!!

The console, well, I just sent Micah my console and he will be building something. If there is interest, I'm sure he will make more than just a one off piece for me. Plus, he's going to try to make a mount that holds two guages where the black plastic trim is around the speedo. Take a look at:

This part may require a tool to be made, so if there is any interest, PM/email Micah!

Chris
NJ
M
Moe Offline
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Am I in the running for one of the dirtiest SVTs??

I don't ever recall seeing your car clean :p

.....maybe with all this work, you (and your car this time!) can make it to SZ02 laugh

-- Mike (Moe)Lester --
98.5 SVT #5486
moesvt@comcast.net
Get your a$$ on IM and stop wasting bandwidth!!!!!!
F
F
Sweet! Any way you could get a good pic of the electric W/P setup. Maybe remove the front plastic cover? Just want to see how that is set up. Looks great laugh

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard