Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'
OP Offline
'
The new wheels are going on today!(225/40R18) I thought, since I had the chance, I would roll the lips before I get the wheels on and get it all done in one shot. I'm just looking for some pointers, i.e. trouble spots...roll the whole thing...just a section, you get the point. I'd like to avoid having to drive around first, pin down the troble spots, then take care of 'em... cool

[[Justin]]
'98 Silver Frost SVT
#2089/6535
I am made of cheese
My car is in the shop
When I drop the clutch, I get wheel hop
Do not eat me, oh please
X
X
I just wanna see those rims on the car!

Da Stealth Moblile
B
B
I rolled in pretty much the whole lip but not as much towards the front of the lip...you should be alright with that, i haven't rubbed yet..

Brian
1999 Contour SVT Green
KKM, Dual 40 Series Flowmasters, SHO Shop Y Pipe, Removed Resonator, B&M Edge Shifter, Stainless Grills, Painted Rear Reflector, Green Underbody Neons, JSP Grand Touring Spoiler, Eibach Suspension, 18" Katana Tezzas, Pirelli Rubber, Graphics by http://www.clubconceptz.com
brian8064@hotmail.com
'
OP Offline
'
Well the wheels are on. I rolled what I could with a mini sledge and a towel and didn't rub at all on the first test drive. laugh
So all looks good. It was just too fergin hot today to get to the wash and wax...so I'll get some pics up tomorrow after a nice coat of Maguiar's Gold Class.

[[Justin]]
'98 Silver Frost SVT
#2089/6535
I am made of cheese
My car is in the shop
When I drop the clutch, I get wheel hop
Do not eat me, oh please
I have my CSVT lowered and the rear corners are what you should concentrate on.

The rear corners I'm referring to is right were the rear fender meets the rear bumper, roll it, hammer it, whatever. There are welds in the lip so don't let someone talk you into cutting it.

After that you need only roll forward past the center of the wheel well for the rear.

I have no issues with the front wheel wells.

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard