Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
NO is also below sea level and surrounded by water, and not properly prepared for what was coming.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
NO is also below sea level and surrounded by water, and not properly prepared for what was coming.

'Zactly. We've been hit by 4s & 5s here in south Florida. Andrew hit us hard, but we recovered just fine. Frances & Jeanne in 2004 within a few weeks of each other & on nearly identical tracks. We recovered. Wilma was a direct hit right over my home; weathered it just fine, although it was only a cat 2.

N.O. is a special case, always will be. That's why I'm so confused that they will allow houses to be built in the vulnerable areas again. They should make that a commercial/industrial area with the corporations or developers who are willing to build there responsible for installing the infrastructure to handle a major storm - at least partially so. Even if overwhelmed, there will be little/no evacuation problem, no loss of life, far more quick to recover.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
At the very least, the government should essentially say those areas are at your own risk. I have a problem with the city or state forcing people to not live there if they so desire, but the city or state also can say they won't be included in any protection plans as they are not feasibly protectable.\

The "projected path" is already being altered eastward, increasing the liklihood it will pass over Cuba and Jamaica, weakening it.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
At the very least, the government should essentially say those areas are at your own risk. I have a problem with the city or state forcing people to not live there if they so desire, but the city or state also can say they won't be included in any protection plans as they are not feasibly protectable.

Never happen. Wah, wah, Florida coast, wah, wah, Mississippi river, wah, wah, it's not fair!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
"Tampa, here I come!"

Ernesto

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Well if it follows that path its coming right for me! Ack! Good thing Im inland. . . .

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
The track keeps moving to the east. A little bit more and it will hit Miami.I hope no one has any Labor Day plans in the Keys.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Well if it follows that path its coming right for me! Ack! Good thing Im inland. . . .

Even though you're inland, you're not completely safe. 2 years ago when hurricane charlie came through Orlando there was quite a bit of damage and I lost power for almost 5 days. My place didn't really sustain any damage but not having power for that many days when it's 90+ degress out really sucks!!

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Try living in Lake Worth, Florida, where everyone is a pinhead in city hall.

Well, here we go again.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Well, the storm has weakened due to contact with Haiti, and it still has to cross Cuba before getting here. He's been downgraded to a tropical storm with 60 mph winds.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard