T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
i like the 300C..gangsta lookin

the bensenhurst bentley

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Ok. I'd seriously go with the 300 for fleet service, seeing as the Panther platform has been cancelled. Every day Chrysler is winning bids for fleet vehicle service where the old Ford platform used to dominate. I guarantee you that the new Charger/Magnum is what almost every police department in the US will be using within five to ten years. The Texas DPS is already fielding several Charger R/T's as interceptors, as well as a handful of V6's in my area. The V8 Charger flat out demolished the Crown vic at the Michigan State Police and California Highway Patrol testing sessions, whereas the V6 Charger kept up and beat the Crown Vic in many areas.

the 3.5L V6 in the 300 Limited would be a pretty nice choice, seeing as it gets like 19/27 EPA mpg. That engine has 250 hp, 250 lb/ft of torque, so it is no slouch compared to the 4.6L. The 200 hp V6 that was mentioned earlier is the Chrysler 2.7L, a great engine in its own right, but it is so often viewed as underpowered due to the heavy vehicles it is almost constantly installed in. Put that engine in a PT cruiser or Caliber, and it'd fly!

Overall, I'd recommend the Chrysler over the Town Car. Did I mention mercedes-Benz helped design some parts for that 3.5L engine a few years back and the parts for it have been around for a decade? Yeah that's right, you can find that same 3.5L in the old 300M and a few other cars IIRC. Go to Allpar.com if you'd like to know more about any of Chrysler's products. Current and Former DCX engineers regularly frequent and contribute information over there, so you can take the majority of it as gospel.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by m4gician:
bleh we decided fork over the extra for the town car and see what happens.

You made the right choice. Proven fleet car. No worries about parts or mechanics with the know-how if repairs are ever needed.

You might consider putting some Yokohama Avid Touring tires on it for a very noticably smoother, more quiet & comfortable ride as well as looooooong tread life.

Just did the tire change for a co-worker with a Town Car. He was stunned at the difference.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
The 300 is extremely hot. Especially if you went with the 300C. I would go with the Chrysler, but I'm partial to them.

00 CSVT Black/Midnight Blue 2.5L DOHC Duratec V6, 200HP, MTX-75 MODs: K&N Filter, SVT ovals, Autometer gauges, PIAA 510's, Alpine S-type FE/Pioneer R, Pioneer Premier Series reciever #603 of 2150 92 Cavalier 1.8L I4 (Beater)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard