Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by jitb:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Originally posted by Tourige:
i dont know what u all are talkin about, escalade, and bmw hid's blind me just as much as aftermarket hid kits do. im sorry spending 1200$+ on projectors for the svt isnt bright to me, but they do look good, and i wish i could afford some. what abotu putting projectors ina a housing not designed for it? i thinkt hats halfassed...lol

silverstars on the left 6ks on the right

Notice how on the bottom picture your even blinding the camera at that angle..

i know my patterns is like that.. but its not as bad as what i get back.. so im not worried about it.

Of course you're not worried about it...

...it's the oncoming drivers that are worried about it!

Read this:

Daniel Stern Lighting

i do care, but its not as bad as u all think. ive never been flashed ever. u want to talk about safety, talk to the guys with painted reflectors.. , and plus in that picture, the dam silverstar is blinding the camera. Tonite on my way home, i was blinded by an escalades hid's.. i started to pull him over and talk projector lenses with him. projectors are better of course we all know..

You don't have to get flashed to blind other people... Ever accidentally left your high beams on and not get flashed? I have... I've also been flashed for my properly aimed low beams, so 'getting flashed' is a moot point. It's all in the perception of the oncoming driver.

The example with the Escalade, that's what happens when you put HIDs where they're not designed. Part of the problem was the height of the headlamps, but still...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1630299 08/17/06 04:52 PM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

The example with the Escalade, that's what happens when you put HIDs where they're not designed. Part of the problem was the height of the headlamps, but still...

exacly, the headlight for the escalade was designed for HID, the light itself is soo high that it will blind anyone. I was in the Z06 last night and even cars with halogens were blinding from the back cause the car is soo low..It proves that the height of the lights do matter.

#1630300 08/17/06 05:02 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Umm, HIDs do come in non projector form from the factory!! I can go take pics of our Infinity if you dont believe me. And honestly, my moms Saab as a crystal clear cut off line (with halogens), but its from a reflector based housing! I will take pics tonight if you dont believe me.

Projectors and HIDs do not go hand in hand. Ill be happy to back this up with pics, however you wont see much until tonight.

99-01 acura cl's ...were not all designed for the HID's...it was an option...ive seen both the halogen and HID up close.

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
#1630301 08/17/06 10:18 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by JeSiZZle:
Umm, HIDs do come in non projector form from the factory!! I can go take pics of our Infinity if you dont believe me. And honestly, my moms Saab as a crystal clear cut off line (with halogens), but its from a reflector based housing! I will take pics tonight if you dont believe me.

Projectors and HIDs do not go hand in hand. Ill be happy to back this up with pics, however you wont see much until tonight.

99-01 acura cl's ...were not all designed for the HID's...it was an option...ive seen both the halogen and HID up close.

there are tons of cars, that dont. if u aim them properly it will be good. all this it must be a projector is bs..

98 Black SVT (4210/6535) 93 V6 Powered Protege
#1630302 08/18/06 12:12 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

there are tons of cars, that dont. if u aim them properly it will be good. all this it must be a projector is bs..

True, it does not have to be a projector, but if you actually read the article (I'll bet you didn't, since it's a different point of view than your own), you'll learn that HID and non-HID reflectors are NOT the same, even on a car that has optional HIDs.

You will also read that the only proper way to retrofit HIDs is to use the entire HID setup (lens/reflector/lamp)... Easy way of doing that is with a set of HID projectors.

Everything else is illegal and dangerous!

Quiz for those who think they know HIDs:

What was the first American car with standard HIDs? Hint, it's one generation after the first American car with "European style" composite headlights...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1630303 08/18/06 03:38 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J

True, it does not have to be a projector, but if you actually read the article (I'll bet you didn't, since it's a different point of view than your own), you'll learn that HID and non-HID reflectors are NOT the same, even on a car that has optional HIDs.

You will also read that the only proper way to retrofit HIDs is to use the entire HID setup (lens/reflector/lamp)... Easy way of doing that is with a set of HID projectors.

Everything else is illegal and dangerous!

Quiz for those who think they know HIDs:

What was the first American car with standard HIDs? Hint, it's one generation after the first American car with "European style" composite headlights...

WE ALL KNOW THIS! BUT WE CHOSE NOT TO FOLLOW THE RULES.. every aftermarket hid is considered illegal, all the kits ive seen are for off road use only. doesnt say "must have projectors and proper reflectors"

it says:

" DOT/NHTSA prohibits the use of HID Retrofit system on highway or public road in USA."

so actually were all half assers..even the big money guys with the projectors.

#1630304 08/18/06 11:10 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I understand... I wish the Contour's headlights were better.

I wanted to get HIDs at one point also, but after reading about them decided to wait until I can afford a proper setup.

Not if you use projectors that were DOT approved for HIDs to begin with...

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/18/06 11:13 AM.

#1630305 08/18/06 12:01 PM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I understand... I wish the Contour's headlights were better.

I wanted to get HIDs at one point also, but after reading about them decided to wait until I can afford a proper setup.

Not if you use projectors that were DOT approved for HIDs to begin with...

or ECE approved

#1630306 08/18/06 10:46 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
uh huh...

#1630307 08/18/06 11:09 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er