Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
hi i have a spruce green matalic contour and i just want to paint my trunk and bumper temperarly till i have up to have my car painted. my question is walmart sells the spray cans. what color would come close to spruce green metalic? it can be alittle off be better than the light grey primer color.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
You have a PM re paint.

Col. Bill Evans CAF (ret) 98 Contour GL Zetec ATX (totally stock) Color-Willow Mist 104,XXX Miles
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
if you do a GOOD prep job (sanding,) and a VERY GOOD PRIMING job, as well as you have a steady PAITIENT hand and a few rattle cans of your paint available, MAYBE you can do it without it looking ghetto, otherwise you're going to have to get it REPAINTED by a professional with an actual paint gun.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by m4gician:
if you do a GOOD prep job (sanding,) and a VERY GOOD PRIMING job, as well as you have a steady PAITIENT hand and a few rattle cans of your paint available, MAYBE you can do it without it looking ghetto, otherwise you're going to have to get it REPAINTED by a professional with an actual paint gun.

I concur. Rattle can paint isnt as bad as people make it out to be. You actually can make something look damn good using a rattle can, take Hectors old SE zetec tour' for example, the front bumper was completely rattle canned, I never noticed till he pointed it out one day.

Basically, paint work is ALL about paitence, you go slowly and carefully and keep a mild distance between the can and the area painted, plus do it at an even rate or it will glob up and run, and nobody likes that

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
if you had about 100$ and a small air compressor, you could buy a pint of paint, and clear. and about a 70$ paint gun at a supply store. real car primer is good too. painting isnt hard. just cardboard up about half your garage (i hope u have one) and primer it (after sanding) the main thing you need to do to not overlap or drip is to spray PAST your target every time you make a pass. it would be easy on bumpers, they only take like 4 passes to cover the whole thing. set the bumper on the ground and start at the bottom working up. make your passes, and when it dries, flip the bumper and do the bottom. its real easy. dont forget to wet sand/buff too.

realistically about 150$ total you could have a pro paint job. me and my buddy did it on his 3000GT you couldnt even tell that we did it in his garage. we got a bunch of drips and were all bummed out but they buffed right out. just dont buff/sand the clear right off the car, i had a buddy do that to a professional paint job!

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard