Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Lol, thanks for all the comments guys.

And for those asking about the dyno there is nothing wrong with it.

#1 Mustang Dynos have low numbers since they are a load based dyno (helps with tuning which is all I care about anyway). Remember you can really compare your numbers from another dyno (even if it is a Mustang dyno) because there are going to be differences in calibrations, etc.
#2 All I really care about is the difference between my baseline run and final run (I want to see that my mods and tune had a positive impact).

I can guarantee that if I put this car on a DynoJet dyno I would be seeing over 300 whp and wtq. I have run it at the 1/4 mile track once in the middle of the crappy Texas summer and with my crappy 60 ft. I ran a 13.3. I'm pretty sure my car can break into the 12's with the current setup.

2005 WR Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005 Silver Mazda 6s 5-Door ATX Bose Sound, Moonroof, Leather, Clear Tails, Sirius
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!

Haha Hector. I should have put my disclaimer in there that said that was in jest. I love Evo's but my 05STI vanity plate was just too boring, I had to step it up.

2005 WR Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2005 Silver Mazda 6s 5-Door ATX Bose Sound, Moonroof, Leather, Clear Tails, Sirius
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by SVT Amateur:
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!

Haha Hector. I should have put my disclaimer in there that said that was in jest. I love Evo's but my 05STI vanity plate was just too boring, I had to step it up.

That is what I figured. I love the look of the STi, they sound amazing, and the power is almost identical with the Evo.

The new import "Mustang and Camaro"

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K

I can guarantee that if I put this car on a DynoJet dyno I would be seeing over 300 whp and wtq.

You really think you got that much gain from a intake/tune/exhaust?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

I can guarantee that if I put this car on a DynoJet dyno I would be seeing over 300 whp and wtq.

tunes can do amazing things. +30-40whp i believe

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I realize that. That would get you close to 300whp, but not well over it.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Very very nice STI. Love the looks.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S

Yep. People with the same mods as me do it all the time over at IWSTI. But I would have baselined around 240-250 whp on a Dynojet stock.

But again, dyno number don't really mean anything (unless you are comparing baseline and final run). I think the true test of your car is the 1/4 mile. There everyone is on the same playing field and there is no room for excuses like a dyno reading too low or someone having inflated numbers because a tuner can decide to make a dyno read higher. Go to the track and if a guy has inflated numbers it will show, just like how my low dyno numbers still gave a low 13 second time (and again I can hit 12's on this setup I just need to practice).

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I realize that. That would get you close to 300whp, but not well over it.

Maybe I should have been clearer, it would be pretty close to 300 whp. I mean I am speculating because I haven't dynoed on a DynoJet but from seeing other guys that have gone the same route as me hit 300 whp on a DynoJet I wouldn't doubt it. But yeah, we aren't talking well over 300 whp, just around 300 whp.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!

That is what I figured. I love the look of the STi, they sound amazing, and the power is almost identical with the Evo.

The new import "Mustang and Camaro"

Yeah, I guess you could make that comparison, and by ya'lls logic, the VW R32 would be the Barracuda right?

NICE STi man!

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard