Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Pete D:
I say let Isreal and Lebanon fight it out. I have a hunch on which side would win, but I think it is really the only way to end the 50+ years of turmoil there. (Which all started be cause we gave away land that wasn't ours, but that is another story).

I know you weren't meaning to make it a discussion, but I wante to clarify that it wasn't really use that gave it away.
Not we, Britain. IT WAS their land by right of conquest from the imperial days. They broke the region up into kingdoms and gave it back.

Also, that is the site of Israeli settlement 4-5K years ago. Jerusalem is more Jewish than any other race/culture/religion. There are still Jews there and their religion has been nested there long before Christianity and even longer than Islam in the area.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HelIHTveKQw

The history of the Middle East in a couple of minutes.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by klavender:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HelIHTveKQw

The history of the Middle East in a couple of minutes.

Nice! I actually learned something from that I didn't know.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Trapps:
"Many of the long-range missiles fired into Israel in the recent days were Iranian missiles made by the same regime that is now trying to possess nuclear weapons," Gillerman said at the U.N. on Friday."

If you (he) mean to suggest that those missiles could carry a nuke, I believe you are mistaken...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I agree with Trapps. We have no legitimate purpose in the area, so we need to get out immediately. Hopefully Isreal will do with Hezbollah what we and everyone else should have done decades ago: exterminate them.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Trapps:
"Many of the long-range missiles fired into Israel in the recent days were Iranian missiles made by the same regime that is now trying to possess nuclear weapons," Gillerman said at the U.N. on Friday."

If you (he) mean to suggest that those missiles could carry a nuke, I believe you are mistaken...

I am not a rocket scientist. I also do not believe Iran has atomic weapons capability - yet. However, why couldn't those missiles carry small warheads? Again, I ask only because I don't know. I've no concept of the range, payload or accuracy of the missiles, but any nuke, however small, would most certainly have a political ripple effect tantamount to an uber-tsunami.

I see a ishstorm coming; with, or without, the threat or actual use of Oppenheimer's toy.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Pre98:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Pulling our boots out of the Middle East will freak Israel out, and that only will make it get uglier, faster.

It'll never happen, but if it goes to the level I think it will, I forsee nukes which are typically bad for ground troops.

Implying Iran or U.N./U.S. action? Merely curious- :shrugs:

UN? Hell no. Besides 'sanctions and resolutions,' they are a worthless joke. I don't see us getting involved either, just merely dropping the 'leash' we have on Israel. Only if Israel was actually loosing / being invaded can I see us getting involved. Remember, in the late 60s Israel handed 3 countries their ass in 6 days.....

Ryan Trollin!
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by warmonger:

I know you weren't meaning to make it a discussion, but I wante to clarify that it wasn't really use that gave it away.
Not we, Britain. IT WAS their land by right of conquest from the imperial days. They broke the region up into kingdoms and gave it back.

Also, that is the site of Israeli settlement 4-5K years ago. Jerusalem is more Jewish than any other race/culture/religion. There are still Jews there and their religion has been nested there long before Christianity and even longer than Islam in the area.

Islam has only been around for what? 100 years or so not even?

Isreal did whip 3 countries pretty well, but that was quite awhile ago. Seems like everyone is begginning to point arms at eachother between the Middle east and North Korea...

98.5 Silver Contour SVT 4931/6535 - March 8th, 1998. *Knaubernized *Brows *Clear Corners *5% Tints *Lil bump in the trunk ^.^ CarDomain Page *Updated August 6th*
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Quote:

Islam has only been around for what? 100 years or so not even?

closer to 1300 or so (started around 600AD), the temple Mount has some pretty major religious meaning for Islam as well as Judism and Christianity, making Jerusalem a pretty major hotbed for the 3 major western religions.
This coudl seriously get messy. I don't forsee Israel losing a battle with any of its neighbors. In 73 they came very close to losing but with our help of planes and ECM they anihalted the Arabs. It's interesting that Hezbollah is actually brave enough to be fighting a fairly open war with the IDF and that Syria (and possibly Egypt) are considering going to war with Israel.
We better start getting in shape to start walking to work cause gas is gonna get really spendy. Remember the first major oil crisis in the US was caused cause we gave support to Israel in the Yom Kippur war. Evidently that was a major PIA. lol

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hey, I've got a bike and a pair of blades. I can park the tour if I have to.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard