#1601630 06/30/06 03:19 AM
K
Korfu Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Mac.

MacBook 12". NOthing too special, still getting used to the OSX way of things, havent used a mac since i was a kid, was in the store and decided for giggles to see if i could get a good finance rate, and after all my student, and business discounts i got approved at their best rate and decided to take the plunge. Much better then my current lappy, its not 11lbs and the batter life is 6x longer!!

LOVE it so far, just thought i would share

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
The new MacBooks are awesome laptops.

I have a PowerBook G4 15" through my job and it's awesome. I'm loving OS X Tiger. Much better than the earlier versions of 10 that I've had to work with.

Play around with Dashboard. I think best feature yet.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I heard the Intel powered macs suck battery like there is no tomorrow?

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I really hate to admit it... but Apple has something with their new x86 based laptops... The old G4's kind of sucked... But The intel based ones are decent... I like the idea of going to college for networking and having a laptop I can run Windows XP or mac OS X on...

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Alias - at the moment you can't run them at the same time, which is mighty inconvenient (must shut down one OS in order to switch to the other).

There is no MacBook 12". Do you mean the PowerBook 12" or MacBook 13"? Finally they brought black laptops back into business - I'm looking at the black MacBook myself for later (as soon as they change the idiotic keyboard design!!).

Every time I tell someone what I can do with my PowerBook and OSX, they're ridiculously impressed. For example, the address book is completely integrated into the OS, so your AIM client and Mail client can both reference it easily (Mail can tell you whether the person is online or not, plus you don't need to remember who owns what screen name, etc.). Combine that feature with the Spotlight search program (can Windows search every file, folder, e-mail, AIM logs, presentations, PDFs, etc all in less than ten seconds?) and I have people sold.

I still don't love the 'Book form factors -- put OSX on a Thinkpad and I'd be in heaven -- but the operating system is next to wonderful for the average user (as well as being capable for the power user too).

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Rouar:
Alias - at the moment you can't run them at the same time, which is mighty inconvenient (must shut down one OS in order to switch to the other).

Err.. Um.. Yes you can. It's called Parallels Desktop. Run OSX and XP simultaneously. Swap back and forth and enjoy both worlds. Just make sure you have at least a gig of RAM.

--JamesT

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked

Link Copied to Clipboard