Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Does any one know what would cause the inside of a front rotor to rub against the caliber mounting bracet?

The only thing that seems logical is the wheel bearing but that was replace not too long ago and the wheel doesn't seem loose when I pull on it.

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
When the bearing fails that is a symptom, correct. causes scarring along the outer edge of the rotor. Even a failing bearing can "feel" tight.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks Ray!

I don't think I even have 3,000 miles on that wheel bearing...

But I think I will replace the the hub and bearing this time. Looks like it would be cheaper then having someone else do it or do it incorrectly..... I didn't realize, until today, that Ford sells them that way.

Thanks again!

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Get your complete assembly from Steve at Tousley Ford (he's cheapest amongst our parts sources, at least for THAT particular part. Him and Bill Jenkins are both excellent people and I wouldn't hesitate to give my money to either of them!)

His contact info is in the Duratec Maintenance FAQ.

Incorrect pressing procedure, incorrect axle ut (AKA Locking spindle nut) torque (208-214 FOOT pounds ) and a scarred or worn hub (from a bad bearing spinning and being left unattended for too long, thus not a tight fit anymore) will all contribute to VERY quick failures.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks again Ray!!!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Ray:
Get your complete assembly from Steve at Tousley Ford (he's cheapest amongst our parts sources, at least for THAT particular part. Him and Bill Jenkins are both excellent people and I wouldn't hesitate to give my money to either of them!)

His contact info is in the Duratec Maintenance FAQ.

Incorrect pressing procedure, incorrect axle ut (AKA Locking spindle nut) torque (208-214 FOOT pounds ) and a scarred or worn hub (from a bad bearing spinning and being left unattended for too long, thus not a tight fit anymore) will all contribute to VERY quick failures.

where were you when I had this question?! Bad bearings indeed. I have had failures in less than 50 miles from a new bearing set.... fyi. You might want to consider getting a new hub/knuckle because I let my bearings go for so long that it made the same rubbing on the caliper, then the next bearings failed immediatly and I had to do it all over again... you could also contact stazi, that is where I got mine from... - good luck - JOE

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard