Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1588201 06/11/06 02:50 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
So, alot of you guys know me by now, and what I did for a living for the last 8 years. For those that don't,

I worked at Wal-Mart, climbing the ladder for 7 years, making a fairly low wage, but enough to pay for my car and all the bills.

I jumped ship last year to Canadian Tire to be a manager. Apparently the grass was not greener, and I quit that job a few weeks ago. Two days ago I moved to Edmonton, Alberta to start my new job.

Starting tomorrow, I will be working as a CNC machinist for a company that manufactures wear edges for mining and industrial equipment. This industry is booming right now up here and the company is more than willing to pay my way through several courses at NAIT, which means I can work my way to making this a tradewithin 5 years. The bonus for me is that I am one of the only people employed that will be working there that knows how to operate all the machines the company services, also I voluntarily took the night shift.

The company is willing to pay unlimited overtime for thier staff, so I have already signed on for 70 hours a week, which is about the minimum that I worked at Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire. With my work ethic and abilities, I will likely be the lead hand within three months, and foreman within 2 years at which point they ship me out for training.
There are several new mines opening in Canada all over the place so the field is going to be strong for a long time to come.

Right from the start I will be making almost 3 times what I made at Wal-Mart (Wal-Mart payed much better than Canadian Tire) and within 5 years I should be able to accomplish a few goals:

-300whp+ Focus by next year
-Save enough to buy a house outright in three years
-2009 Camaro
-Catch up on my RRSPs and Mutual Funds/investments that I haven't been able to keep up with

After that I will likely continue the trade until I hit about 45 at which point I will open up my shop back in Saskatoon, then sit back and relax until I die in a fiery wreck at age 60... or retire...

So finally, I actually have a plan for life... feels good.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Grats , are you happy though?

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
man, I am so disappointed in you . . . a camaro????

lol, congrats man, you deserve to finally get a good step up. Hope everything goes well.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Thats awesome Monkey, glad to see things are going right for ya mang....

Steve

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:

-Catch up on my RRSPs and Mutual Funds/investments that I haven't been able to keep up with

congrats dude. It feels good to have a plan, doesn't it.

Might I suggest alberta oil sands? That industry is going to blow up I think.

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
go oilers!
congrats on the good news man. you are doin' it!

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
you're going to be so much happier now. congrats jeremiah!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
CONGRATS!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
It's good to have goals but don't get too disappointed if things don't exactly work out as planned.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
congrats on the job (can i borrow some money)
lol j/k

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard