Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I'm ready to order a brake kit for my 99 SVT "Evil Twin" (Turbo 3L) but I'm starting to think I didnâ??t do my homework.

I ordered a set of six spoke 17" 2004 FSVT wheels and tires from TireRack last night. The car will see primarily street use with an occasional open track day.

I'm leaning towards a BAER 13" claw system, but Iâ??m open to options. I assumed the six spoke FSVT wheels would clear the calipers but after doing some searching, I think I may be incorrect.

Is anyone running 13â? BAERs with six spoke FSVT wheels? I can see that the earlier five spoke wheels require ?¼â? spacers and longer wheel studs

Will the Wilwood calipers clear the six spoke FSVT wheels without spacers?

What is my best brake option with the six spoke FSVT wheels?

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Have you considered the FSVT brakes?

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by snakous:

Yes, I just recently bought a set from Bill Jenkins. They will be a good fit on my 96 contour with the CSVT wheels from Evil Twin.

I'm looking for something more exotic for the Turbo 3L car .

I'm planning to do brakes and suspension on both Evil twin and my 96 at the same time.

From your signature, I think you'll like what I'm planning for my T-red 96!
The 96 is also getting an intake cleaning, WeaponR headers, high flow cat, SVT exhaust, shielded open element air filter and many other mods and tune up parts. It'll be a fun daily driver!

Last edited by JEDsContour; 06/03/06 07:13 PM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Originally posted by snakous:

Yes, I just recently bought a set from Bill Jenkins. They will be a good fit on my 96 contour with the CSVT wheels from Evil Twin.

I'm looking for something more exotic for the Turbo 3L car .

I'm planning to do brakes and suspension on both Evil twin and my 96 at the same time.

From your signature, I think you'll like what I'm planning for my T-red 96!
The 96 is also getting an intake cleaning, WeaponR headers, high flow cat, SVT exhaust, shielded open element air filter and many other mods and tune up parts. It'll be a fun daily driver!

But yours only has 22k miles on it !! I also have the 6 spoke FSVT wheels on mine. You should put yours on the 96 and they'll be twins. Although mine has tan leather and not gray... I did my intake cleaning last summer and wow it was BAD. EGR ports were really clogged up. I also hope to do the suspension sometime this year as well, although I think I'll be better off just getting an SVT.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard