Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

They've got diesel Chrysler minivans here... powered by a 2.5L (5-speed manual) or a 2.8L (auto).

Well - not really. The Sprinter is an awesome idea, but DC seems to only care about the commercial/industrial market. Yes, you can see 'civilian' versions of the Sprinter on the web, but I have yet to see one in real life. Plus they're awfully expensive compared to anything else in the minivan market - and my wife wouldn't go for RWD as a year-round family hauler.

1995 Contour GL V6 ATX T/C 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 2000 Windstar LX
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by phil:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

They've got diesel Chrysler minivans here... powered by a 2.5L (5-speed manual) or a 2.8L (auto).

Well - not really. The Sprinter is an awesome idea, but DC seems to only care about the commercial/industrial market. Yes, you can see 'civilian' versions of the Sprinter on the web, but I have yet to see one in real life. Plus they're awfully expensive compared to anything else in the minivan market - and my wife wouldn't go for RWD as a year-round family hauler.

Huh?

They're M-B Sprinters here, and you can go buy a Chrysler Voyager with a diesel and stick down the street.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
The Sprinter design is sold through several different brands; even Freightliner has a version in the US. M-B is a big name for truckers in Europe - but not the US, so the marketing identities handled differently. It's a Dodge Sprinter in the US.

I've also seen some mid-size Class C motorhomes based on the Sprinter, but Ford and GM still own most of that market.

Sorry, no diesel Chrysler Voyager available in the US.

When will the US finally get the good diesels?

1995 Contour GL V6 ATX T/C 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 2000 Windstar LX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by We Todd:
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I believe they are still producing VW Beetle/Jetta's/Passats Jeep Liberity's and some Audi's now, not just the Golf's.

I have an 05 Liberty CRD and rumor is that there won't be any CRDs for 07, and 08 is suppose to be introducing something they are calling BlueTec.

In Europe almost all the DC cars have the 2.5L or 2.8L CRD option.

I love my diesel Jeep. However, my g/f hates filling it up because the gas station attendants always run out and tell her she's at the wrong pump!

Thats what happened to my friend when she bought one of the first Diesel New Beetle's in the area.

I hate the smell of Diesel fuel though

Even when I run #2 diesel you can't smell it. Bio doesn't even smell, the higher the bio content the more is smells like fried food.

Ryan Trollin!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by phil:
Sorry, no diesel Chrysler Voyager available in the US.

Yeah, but I think you got me wrong in my first post...

I meant there are Chrysler Voyagers here (as in Germany...), which means they do make them, just not for the US market.

I know there are none in the States.

There's a lot of US cars here that have diesels... I've seen mid 90s Grand Cherokee Limiteds equipped just like in the States (leather, sunroof, 4x4, etc), except having a 2.5L diesel and 5 speed.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
G
GS474 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
lucky bastards

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard