Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Ok, so Cingular and T-Mobile have been posting positions that are open around where I live. Cingular just posted full and part-time positions IN the city I live in...

I have been applying with my Resume sooooo many times, and not one call-back...Id say I have applied over 25 times so far...

Im really hoping I get this part-time position that was just posted, cuz now I have an Employee Referral, which Im hoping can help me...

What Im really trying to get at is, has anyone here ever worked for Cingular or T-Mobile?? Or any similar wireless provider?

I have 2.5 years of retail sales expereince under my belt, High School diploma w/ some college already, Excellent retail and multi-tasking skills...everything they seem to want... and honestly how hard is it to work as a Retail Sales Consultant at this place??? Am I missing something??

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Screw retail.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I thought even a mouth breather could get a job at a cell place.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
call them and ask to schedule an interview, don't just sit around expecting them to go through a hundred resume's and app's..... show some initiative and call them... just because they are hiring doesn't mean they call everyone back...

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:
call them and ask to schedule an interview, don't just sit around expecting them to go through a hundred resume's and app's..... show some initiative and call them... just because they are hiring doesn't mean they call everyone back...

I have e-mailed the Sales Manager for the entire friggin Great Lakes Region AND handed my Resume in IN person which they usually do not exept because you have to apply on-line which I think is total bogus bull because they dont get a real feel for who is actually applying!!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by GetLucky151�©:
Am I missing something??

judging from your post, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say "people skills."

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Princess Tong Po:
Am I missing something??

~Andrew

When you have tried numerous times over and over, go ahead and tell me how your "people skills" are..

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
It wasn't meant to be. Find something else and move on.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Princess Tong Po:
Am I missing something??

~Andrew

When you have tried numerous times over and over, go ahead and tell me how your "people skills" are..

What I would do is meet the store manager in person and ask about the app. Emails and just handing in apps in person are not enough. This is what I did when trying to get jobs in retail a few years ago. Just remember you are trying to sell, you are selling yourself in a way.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by GoppelDanger:
It wasn't meant to be. Find something else and move on.

Exactly. You'd be selling cell phones and car chargers out of a f**king mall kiosk or shopping plaza superstore. It's not the job of the century. Don't sweat it. You'll be turned down for MUCH better jobs in the future, trust me.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard