Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12174110/

Basically, Dateline is sending "Muslim-looking" men to walk around NASCAR races to find out how they're treated.

My opinion: NASCAR has nothing to complain about. This isn't a "staged event," it's investigative journalism. It would only be "staged" if Dateline hired people to pose as regular fans and harass the Muslims.

But of course Dateline is the same program that put explosives in pickup gas tanks to make them explode, so they're not exactly the journalistic gold standard.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The problem with doing such things as that, is it continue to divide between others in the Muslim population when something 'bad' happens to these 'muslim looking men.' Then we will have world protests etc just like all the other 'anti' Islam BS. They are taking the 'redneck white man' extreme here hoping to get a negative reaction from NASCAR fans.

Ryan Trollin!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Well, I wanna see this one...prob won't go over too well.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
My opinion: this is f***ing bush-league stuff by NBC. They obviously sat around a big table in a conference room and said, "Fellas, there are some real anti-Muslim rumblings around this country. If only there was a way to see it for ourselves.... Hey, wait a minute!!! NASCAR fans are a bunch of intolerant, backward-ass, redneck, hillbilly racists, aren't they? Let's bring some Muslims to Martinsville and see how many anti-Arab epithets we can capture on film!! I'll bet there isn't enough film in this country to capture them all... boy, this is gonna be great!!!!"

To me, that's about the furthest thing from an "investigative" report there is.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I would like to see them do the same thing with men posing as homosexuals at a NASCAR event. Now that would be some good TV!

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by mapoftazifoshoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Well, I wanna see this one...prob won't go over too well.

x2

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
The problem with doing such things as that, is it continue to divide between others in the Muslim population when something 'bad' happens to these 'muslim looking men.' Then we will have world protests etc just like all the other 'anti' Islam BS. They are taking the 'redneck white man' extreme here hoping to get a negative reaction from NASCAR fans.

Add a gutt load of beer into the mix & you can likely forsee the outcome. Why not send a redneck American, or American of any kind for that matter, into a muslim dominated country & report how the American is treated. Quite likey he'll come across more than a few extremist types & BANG, there's the report for Dateline. Hopefully the test subject gets out with his head.

A shoe fits more than one person, put it on somebody elses foot for a change.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
<---- has been to Muslim countries pre and post 9/11 and Dated muslim females....

I seem to be still alive

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Decepticon:
<---- has been to Muslim countries pre and post 9/11 and Dated muslim females....

I seem to be still alive

Good for you. Maybe the muslim subject will get out OK too.

Point is, it's not investigative jounalism. It is bordering on staged antagonism. Junk journalism - not journalism at all really.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
I don't have a problem with it, and i think the majority of people who will have a problem are all the nascar fans who married their sisters and can't read or write..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard