Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hey all. Just a quick post to check and see if anyone has any recommendations for some good modern and classic Hindi and Middle Eastern music. I'm just starting to really get into it, and it's hard to find the styles I like in a different language! Especially when it's a few different languages I like, but I love the music. If you're looking for what I'm getting at, it's artists like Denez Prigent, Panjabi MC, and others. Basically any style of music similar to that with the unique Middle Eastern sound. Just thought I'd put a feeler out there and see if anyone had any thoughts that might be more into this area of music. Thanks all.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I know a lot of Arabic songs and artists like Assi-Al-Hillani..umm..I'll looks some more and see..

its good stuff, I put it on sometimes and my friends love it

?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
Good music. Sorry I don't have anything off hand to recommend. Props for expanding your horizons.

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Excellent - how appropriate, I'm taking a course on World Music right now. I've been a fan of bhangra/punjabi beats and mixes for a very long time - at least since I was very young and attended India Day in Worcester (my [Indian] uncle, with my aunt, founded this annual festival and remains chairman of its committee). I remembered my fondness for it at my cousin's wedding reception a few years ago (where we celebrated with Irish and Indian song and dance for him and Dutch for his wife) and have obtained a few songs since.

My teacher has suggested this website for Indian music - the interface is a bit touchy but you can hear some beats on here if you search.
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
we listened/watched some Middle Eastern video while in the 'Bouti and all I can remember is s omething like 'Tanuk Tanuk' is what the 'catch phrase' was.

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
we listened/watched some Middle Eastern video while in the 'Bouti and all I can remember is s omething like 'Tanuk Tanuk' is what the 'catch phrase' was.

"Tunak Tunak Tun" by Dahler Mendi

I've had the song for a while .. recently the video's been floating around on the Internet (search Google), it's kinda crazy how popular that song's gotten ..

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Rouar:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

"Tunak Tunak Tun" by Dahler Mendi

I've had the song for a while .. recently the video's been floating around on the Internet (search Google), it's kinda crazy how popular that song's gotten ..

Recently?? That's been going around for a very LONG time. The guys at my old job used to have that dance down perfect.

-06 GTO Torrid Red/M6 -98 LS with BPU -05 Honda Odyssey EX-L mv .zig ..\for\great\.justice
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
stand corrected then ... I've had the song since 2001, and it wasn't till 2004 that I started hearing it from other people ... so I thought it recent.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Natasha Atlas

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
You heard Mustafa Sandal? He has some good music. So does Amr Diab.

Mustafa Sandal is more along the lines of Arabic pop, while Amr Diab has more of a traditional feel to it.

And I thought I was the only one who enjoyed Arabic music!

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard