Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I've been either a troll or a member of these boards for the past 6 years. Most of you never knew me. I posted infrequently. Most of my posts revolved around the ole waterpump problem.

On to the point... I was involved in an accident last night and have probably totaled my car. I pulled out of my parking place and was hit by a silver volvo s60(what used to be a very nice car). There is definetely serious suspension damage to the left front, the left front fender is gone, headlight smashed in, bumper in pieces, and the hood has some nice creases in it.

With the value of our cars these days (mine is a 98 svt by the way) I'd be suprised if the insurance company didn't total it. I'll know tommorow what ends up happening.

Anyways, I'll keep ya'll in the know. I just wanted to let ya'll know that another black E0 has probably bit the dust. Regardless of what happens I will always hold this board in high regard and will have plenty of fond memories. You guys are the shiz, I only wish I got to know ya'll a little better.

1998 Contour SVT Black with midnight blue interior http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/contoursvt.jpg Build number to come soon!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Where are u located!? We don't discriminate too much with trolls coming to SZ!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Thanks for the personal invite. I'm not a troll yet... I have a feeling I will be tommorow though .

I live in Dallas right now.

Last edited by nasty1; 02/07/06 03:54 AM.

1998 Contour SVT Black with midnight blue interior http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/300749/contoursvt.jpg Build number to come soon!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
dude... your sig says "build number to come soon"

you GOTTA get the number BEFORE you get the word on the total.

Would be wrong to get it afterwards! CALL 1-800-ford-svt with your vin TOMORROW MORNING.. for all that is holy...

good luck on your car, and the decision.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Lol. Ya I'm kinda behind on getting the build number. I'll see if I can't duck outta work tommorow morning and call that in. That would make the funeral much more significant huh?!?

Thanks for the encouragement, these next few days will bring some hard decisions...

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Let Me Know If They Decide Not To Total It. If Yo uCan Get A Good Insurance Quote And Then Let Me Know. I Can Give You A Major Hook Up On Parts To Keep That Thing Alive. (Body Parts Any Way.) Hood 109.00 Headlights For 85.00 Fenders For Around 60.00. I Just Cant Get The SVT Factory Bumper Through My Distribution Center. And All You Would Have To Do Is Meet Me In Oklahoma City. 2.5Hr. Drive. Keep The SVT Going!!!!!

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
N
nasty1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Thanks for the info, but I recieved the news earlier today... My contour is going to be totaled. The bill for surface damage on the car is $4400. The NADA value of the car is $5500, so with the suspension work and alignment the repairs would be more than the value of the car.

I'll find out tommorow if its definite, although my claim adjuster assures me it will be totaled after a field agent sees the car in person.

I still can't believe I drove the car for the last time a couple days ago. This was my dream car since I was 17. I will miss my annual fall runs in Arkansas on Hwy 12, just as the leaves began to turn. Windows down, sunroof open, rowing the gears around blind turns. Damn guys this sucks.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by nasty1:
Thanks for the info, but I recieved the news earlier today... My contour is going to be totaled. The bill for surface damage on the car is $4400. The NADA value of the car is $5500, so with the suspension work and alignment the repairs would be more than the value of the car.

I'll find out tommorow if its definite, although my claim adjuster assures me it will be totaled after a field agent sees the car in person.

I still can't believe I drove the car for the last time a couple days ago. This was my dream car since I was 17. I will miss my annual fall runs in Arkansas on Hwy 12, just as the leaves began to turn. Windows down, sunroof open, rowing the gears around blind turns. Damn guys this sucks.

Sorry to hear of your loss. That really sucks!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Well if you want another one there is a T-Red/Midnight in the classifieds for $2750.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Also, Check To See What It Would Cost To Buy The Car Back From The Insurance Co. If They Give You 5000 On The Claim, And It Only Costs 1000 To Buy Back, You Could Definitely Rebuild It With The Leftover Cash, And I Can Save You A Ton Of Cash On The Aforementioned Body Parts.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard