Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1489238 01/26/06 01:51 AM
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11026058/

All seven of the people riding in the car were killed. Their ages ranged from 15 years to 21 months and all were related, police said.

So who was driving???

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 1314:
So who was driving???

Somebody without a license...
CNN tells it a little better... Even though it's still an AP release...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I read that earlier. That's such a freak occurance; howtf would a surviving family member live with that for the rest of thier life?

My thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pre98:
My thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Indeed a freak occurance! I know it wasnt her fault, but why the hell was a 15 year old driving a vehicle full of children! Let alone driving unsupervised at all?

I feel even more badly that the driver has to live with this on his conscious!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by XKontour98:
why the hell was a 15 year old driving a vehicle full of children! Let alone driving unsupervised at all?

I think it goes up the chain the dead beat parents in this matter.. some people should just stop having kids at some point.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
why the hell was a 15 year old driving a vehicle full of children! Let alone driving unsupervised at all?

I think it goes up the chain the dead beat parents in this matter.. some people should just stop having kids at some point.

They were anything but dead-beat parents. The family was a foster family, regularly takin in children that weren't their own, and half of the children in the car were either adopted or being adopted. 15 year old children drive out to pick up their siblings from school all the time, certainly hundreds of thousands of times a day in this country. Welcome to modern reality, where both parents virtually have to work, often leaving a minor sibling to do much of the child-care, particularly between about 2pm and 6pm.

Whether the driver was of legal age or not is really a moot point. The chances of an experienced driver noticing a truck barreling down on them at at least 60mph that wasn't stopping and not being so close to the bus that they could still move out of the way in time, is virtually nil.

Even if you noticed the truck a full 500 feet away, and even if while it was that far away you knew then that it wasn't going to stop in time, you'd still have less than 5 seconds to move your car. And if you had to reverse to get out of the way (which you'd most people would have to do, particularly with a big-ass Bonneville), there's little chance you could do it in time. In reality you'd probably notice the truck had no chance of stopping less than 250 feet away, leaving you little than a couple seconds to move.

Even if she had moved the semi would have struck the bus (harder than it already did, which still pushed it 200 feet from a full stop) and would have definitely killed every child on that bus, leaving a death toll even higher than the 7 as it stands now.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
The force of the crash just unbelievable,the shool bush was pushed 200 feet away,from what I saw on the news the speed limite is 60mph on that part of the road seems pretty unsafe to set a bus stop there, members in Florida keep us updated.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
-Even worse for the family,

I just read that the Grandfather had a heart attack and died shortly after hearing the news of his grandchildrens death..

And first off, that family shouldn't be taking in foster kids if they can't even provide enough supervision and transportation for them.

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by sigma:
Originally posted by CarpePoon:

They were anything but dead-beat parents. The family was a foster family, regularly takin in children that weren't their own,

Wups, I didnt have time to read the whole article.. my bad.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard