Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Hey all.. been a few months since I've been on here, hope all is well with eveyrone. "Regained" interest in the "sport" of COntour SVT's as the punk ass who bought my first SVT (who wrecked it) is letting me buy it back for $350. It needs some work (Rear bumper, Rear quarter work, trunk lid, suspension, and wheel), but I can have it up and running for about 1000 or so. My G6 has already seen a few mods. nothing big yet, but I do have some plans for it.

Had the lower fascia partially painted and grills painted Galaxy Silver by my body shop to give it more of an agressive appeal- kind of how you can get the grill inserts for the Grand Prix. Love how it looks on this car.

Just a close up

Tons of wax and clay.. and red calipers to boot.

Rear lower GTP valance with a custom magnaflow dual exhaust- trunklid has since been debadged.

Cars goingin for retint all around as the last tint got screwed up by installer error. I'll be prying openthe headlights this weekend (you would not believe how easy they are to open) and painting the chrome body color and installing a pair of 90 mm projectors and re-installing my 4100K HID set. Just can not stand the bizare beam pattern with no projectors- last car got me spoiled.

I have some wheels on backorder from "Spinnerwheels.com". No, they aren't spinners, lol. They are 19" G.Max E920 super silver wheels with a charcoal grey powdercoated inner wrapped in Fuzion ZR's.

These won't show up till March when the lug pattern and offset are finaly produced, probably. A set of eibach springs will go on th estock struts when the wheels are installed just to drop it an inch or so to fix that nasty GM wheel gap.

Not sure what else I have planned for her, sure it's a "leased" car, but I think I may buy the car when my SmartBuy is out in 32 months. The ride, styling, features, and handling are so much better than I first imagined. At any rate, glad allhad a good new year and glad to see some of the new tour's and old ones still around.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I"m not a fan of the G6, but I must admit your's is the best I've ever seen...

Keep us updated on both projects

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
the g6 looks pretty good.. IMHO it needs a drop.. and that would be awsome if you could pick up that wrecked SVT

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
He;s got the thing in storage up in Marquette so I'm goign to have to get time to go up and toow it back or have it towed ($$$$$ with lube). I think I may just rent a full car hauler or trailer to bring it back. She's a bit rough, will need a new clutch (ofcoarse) and rear quarter is smashed in pretty good. Little [censored] only had PLPD and didn't have the funds or know how to fix it or part it out (does have a torsen in the trans which he didn't exactly know what it was to begin with ). Anywyas, I'm exicted to beable to fix up my original pride and joy, get a once gorgeous SVT back onthe well deserved road. Already bought a trunklid (already T-red and in perfect shape), rear light, and all suspension parts (minus strut) for it. $107 total from a U-pull junkyard in Indiana. Not sure what thehell I'm going to do aboutthe rear quarter.. smashed in a good foot.just behind the rear seat (interior was saved, basically). Proabbly need to pound it out as good as I can and have the body shop fill it as cutting and replacing the rear quarter might be a little more diffuclt and costly.. or maybe not, I dunnno.. I'll make those decisions when it's in my garage. It's a [censored] shame that one of Millie Miglia Cello's where destroyed- and not replaceable.

Last edited by CoopOfG6; 01/17/06 04:50 AM.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i'm going to school to become an autobody tech.. and they are teaching us how to "work" metal.. i've gotten big ass dents outta fenders with very little body filler by working the metal.. you can return the metal back to its "orgional contour" with the proper technique and heat just my .02

if you get fed up with it before SZ or next fall some time.. you can drive it over to me and i can do it for cost of materials

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I'll most defently keep you in mind.. a nice 7 hour drive would be quite alright to visit good ole' Wisconsin!

I've heard of heating the body liek you stated... but man, with my luck, i'll send the car a-blazin', lol. But yes.. the les filler.. the better; 100%.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
oxyceteleyne torch.. wire brush and a ahmmer and dolly set.. thats all you need.. and then some technique on how to do it right.. but if your going to attempt it.. use the method on the dent "First in, last out." that will make it a lot easier and a lot less stretched metal

T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Hmm, that intersting. Thanks for the tip. I'll probably give it a shot on just the busted trunk lid and get the technique straight. You may have saved me A LOT of time my man, if this works out, I'll have to buy you some beer, lol. Just gotta fiund a website that ships beer.

I would say that overstretching is my biggest concern- but can't you add ice to the hot surface or a wet rag to "shrink" it back??

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CoopOfG6:
Hmm, that intersting. Thanks for the tip. I'll probably give it a shot on just the busted trunk lid and get the technique straight. You may have saved me A LOT of time my man, if this works out, I'll have to buy you some beer, lol. Just gotta fiund a website that ships beer.

http://www.metalshapers.org/tips/covell/
if you do find one.. Miller lite please

:edit: ignore the shrinking hammer part.. its a lot easier to use the heat shrinking method...

Last edited by Tour4reak; 01/17/06 05:06 AM.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
You got it, lol.

Woiw.. some great info on that webpage. WIll definetly come in handy!

Last edited by CoopOfG6; 01/17/06 05:08 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard