Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
How convenient, this is just the thread I needed
Thanks for the info guys!

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
just an fyi, for the people using jb weld and the such. There is this stuff, (name escapes me at the moment) my father has that is a two part mix just like jb weld but is much stronger. Its good enough that it can be welded, ground etc just like if it were metal. If anyone is interested i get the name of it. I have always had a fear of those oil passages that I filled with jb weld 4 years ago is going to fall in my engine.

Fast Cheap reliable Pick two
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Yeah I'm not a fan of epoxy, I would go to a machine shop and say you want the injector ports filled with alumimum they should only charge you less then $20-30 then take them back to the bench and port to shape. Ours look like shizzle when we get them welded, it takes some massaging to get them right. Just don't have them skip on the welding and leave not enough!

Port matching isnt hard its the work after that. Have some fun

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I know how to port the heads, but how should I go about doing this with the valves in still in the heads so that shavings don't get lodged in valve area only to be ingested into the engine later? I have an idea, but would like to here how those of you that did it with the valves in the heads. Here is my plan:

Cut out a piece of cardboard (x 6) that I can then tether with string and cover in vasoline. Then slide this into place down into the valve chamber with the strings facing out so that I can later pull the entire "plug" out. When done porting, I would then remove the "plug" and wipe off any remaining vasoline with a solvent. I would finish with a vacuming.

What did you do?

I don't have a valve spring compressor and I'm cutting it very close on the budget for this headache and I don't want to spend the money on the valve spring compressor. I am however not ruling out funding this by MasterCard if I can't do it this way.

You're welcome to borrow my valve spring compressor. I'd just have to figure out where I put it.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard