Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Ugh! You went to a dealer. Thats a mistake. I would of gone with a red top battery. I think its to $$$$ for a motorcraft. You should of research and gotten it cheaper from some where else.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
it's too late, you already paid. Be happy that the car is working and you didn't have to dirty your pretty little fingers.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I had an interstate battery (with the five year warranty) installed 3 years ago for over 100 bucks near 200 bucks but of course the car was jumped by AAA 7am in the morning and they check out the alternator which they replaced a one 2 years later.

G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Thanks to everyone for the constructive help, unlike this guy right here and the poster before him. I checked out Optima's and they aren't even supposed to fit in a Contour without modification. Sorry, I don't want to a put a bigger battery that is supposed to be in my car, especially when it is one of the most returned batteries on the market.
Originally posted by stickyjazz:
it's too late, you already paid. Be happy that the car is working and you didn't have to dirty your pretty little fingers.

Well lets see here, in Brainerd there is one place that sells Motorcraft batteries. That place is the dealership. I wanted the best battery that could fit in my car and I got it. I don't know what you mean bout "dirtying my fingers" but if you think I'm one of those people who don't work on my car you have another thing coming. I guess some people are just immature and have a low selfesteem.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by GregDawg:
Thanks to everyone for the constructive help, unlike this guy right here and the poster before him. I checked out Optima's and they aren't even supposed to fit in a Contour without modification. Sorry, I don't want to a put a bigger battery that is supposed to be in my car, especially when it is one of the most returned batteries on the market.

Well lets see here, in Brainerd there is one place that sells Motorcraft batteries. That place is the dealership. I wanted the best battery that could fit in my car and I got it. I don't know what you mean bout "dirtying my fingers" but if you think I'm one of those people who don't work on my car you have another thing coming. I guess some people are just immature and have a low selfesteem.

I hope your feelings didnt get hurt cause I didnt agree with you. (that will happen time to time) You post you will get peoples Honesty Opinion. But you still did a bad thing by going to a dealer.

Last edited by jtour; 11/22/05 06:02 PM.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
for 80 you can get an orbital, 800cca, dry cell, top and side mounts..

99 Contour LX MTX, Cone Air Filter, Custom Grille 95 Neon ATX Intake, Ractive Muffler, Green Painted valve cover, fuel rail, and intake, b/w painted interior, white exterior trim, shaded tail lights
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ââ??â??unbantodrasââ??Âş:
Considering the Motorcraft in my car lasted ~6 years it was a no brainer to spend a little extra and get another. I paid about what you did and have no regrets.

Mine lasted for 6 years too. I still got an Advance Auto battery for the replacement, but I'll see if I regret that later on...

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I never got one for the SVT from ford...but I did get one for my explorer, they had 2...one was like $55 and one was like 70 so i went with the $70 one.

Considering a die hard from sears is about $100 I'd say the price you paid wasn't that bad.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
G
G Stone Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by jtour:
Originally posted by GregDawg:

I hope your feelings didnt get hurt cause I didnt agree with you. (that will happen time to time) You post you will get peoples Honesty Opinion. But you still did a bad thing by going to a dealer.

No my feelings weren't hurt at all, frankly the way you stated your opinion, well it didn't seem valid. There is a difference between merely disagreeing with someone and disagreeing in such a way to insult the person. Maybe you should think about you're writing before you write, this way your unproductive and somewhat cocky comments and opinions won't get in the way of other people's help. I'm done with you.

Thanks you to everyone who helped me out on this, I feel good that I made a wise decision on a battery. It may have been a bit much but if it doesn't work out I guess I can always change next time.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
You could have saved maybe up to $10 (maybe even a whopping $20 if you REALLY hunted) but the fact that you bought it from the dealership gives you a wider comfort zone in regards to fit and warranty. If it starts your car and you're happy with it, then it's worth twice as much.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard