Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
As many know, and many don't know. The Stryped mobile has been sent off with it's third greatful and enthusiastic owner. Although not a memeber here, he has some great roots in the SVT family. As much as I loved the Contour SVT and all it's glory, I suppose it comes a time in one persons life (oh, about 10 months ) that some people take a step back, roll up the sleaves, and set forth on a journey that will not allow you to turn back. New job soon, getting married next year (August), knee surgery in mid January 06, and a whole life of debt and everything else to plan for has sunken my shoulders on their own. Lack of practicallity, economy, finiky little issues, and everything else made me put down my own foot, realize that teh car of my dreams had suddenly been pushed out of my dreams. AS many remember, I picked up an 06' Escape on a lease for a great deal- this had become my chosen vehicle to be my "all the time ride." Well, things turned sour, I had verbally sold my car in leau of this truck and two days before delivery to the new owner, my Fiance's Focus [censored] the bed. At this point, it was somewhat a kick in teh junk. At this point, I could have serisouly kept her, but all the other factors weighed in and I just closed my eyes and handed over the keys.

The replacement. I need economy, room, and good looks and decent options. After looking at the MAzda 3, Dodge Charger/Magnum, Jeep Liberty, Jeep G Cherokee, Fusion, another Escape, and the Saab 9-2X, I fell in love with a car I had no idea I'd like.

2006 "Stealth Grey" Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Power Heated Leather
6 Disc In dash 8 Speaker Monsoon
Sunroof
Side Air BAgs
Remote Start
3.5L 201hp/200tq V6
4spd auto with Tap Shift
17" Wheels

I picked it up Tueday night around 5:30 and it's been raining and freezing since- so I never had a chance to remove the stickers yet .

(Sorry for the crappy pics, it was like 700PM tonight, high winds, wind chill of low 20's, and a bit blustery.

Unfortunatly, I'll have to remain "Stryped" till April as thats when the Tags expire.

Amazing dash and the lighting and guages are fabulous... if your not on Acid.

I guess in a sense, I havbe followed in good ole' Roger's footsteps by replacing an amazing car... with "just" a car.

So with that, I bid CEG farewell. Always thought the idea of "trolling" a forum when you don't have the car was sort of "wierd". Also need to make sure I don't do something stupid and have the urge to buy another TOur'. Thanks for teh goos, all the bad, and good luck to you all with everything you do!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Theres nothing wrong with being a troll Chad. I look at it like this, you've made friends with people here and they're still your friend, the car just helped it along, thats all. I'm still buddies with people here, even though I don't have the CSVT anymore and let me tell you, ALOT of people were surprised that I sold it and pissed off that I sold it, all opinions respected, ofcoarse I do like your car, but why not get the GXP w/ the 3.9L and 240 hp The coupe is very sweet in person, but again, why not that nice blue they have, I don't get the gray color, but as long as you like it, thats all that matters

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
WEll, I almost took the GTP (GXP isn't out yet Roger), but between the 47.00 more a month, 5mpg less fuel efficiency, and 113 bucks more every 6 months on insurnace... I decided to back down. Liek you though, this is a lease, so atleast I can get out of it in 2 years.

I know what blue you speak of (the dark blue). I don't care for that color too much. This color which is a light grey/blue mettalic looks AMAZING when it's waxxed. The mettalic speaks in the paint just POP! SO, I look forward to that.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Good luck to you and your future. You built a nice CSVT. I just cant wait to see you mod the G6! Once a Tour owner alwasy a tour owner.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
chad didnt mod the tour...bought it from roger that way i believe. correct me if im wrong.

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
^^^^^^^^

95% of it was all Roger. I didn't Mod it (unlike my first CSVT, which I did everything), I just "paid" Roger to do the mods for me. CEpt' for all the audio, clutch, and a few little doo dads here and there.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I will miss those milans

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by CoopOfG6:
^^^^^^^^

95% of it was all Roger. I didn't Mod it (unlike my first CSVT, which I did everything), I just "paid" Roger to do the mods for me. CEpt' for all the audio, clutch, and a few little doo dads here and there.

ah, i see. thankz.take care chad. ur welcome here anytime your in the south.

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
3.5L 201hp?!?!?!?!

is it me or is that another underpowered engine?

my friends g35c is 3.5L and hell that thing puts out close to 300hp!

what am I missing here

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
chad didnt mod the tour...bought it from roger that way i believe. correct me if im wrong.

Oops! Well good luck to you still!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard