Next Thread
Print Thread
#1434606 11/13/05 03:15 AM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I had some front suspension work done and the alignment needs to be redone. Any recommendations on a shop or specifics to look for in a shop?

Should I go with a 4-wheel alignment?

Thanks,
Ed

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
When was the last time you had the rears done?

Usually, if a car has independent suspension both front and rear, you should get a four-wheel. They say do it at least once a year because potholes and curbs can do a bad number (especially if you go to Michigan a lot).

Most good shops will have laser guided equipment. If your car is lowered, the one thing you should ask is whether they can accomodate your car i.e. can your car make it up the lift. Cost will probably be the ultimate factor. Dealerships are slightly higher than independent shops, but they might have some TSB's that include new settings. Some places might have newer equipment and thus more accurate systems.

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
wish I would have seen this before...

Bob Williams on Dundas...talk to Kevin, tell him Dan with the cougar sent you

other than that, 4 wheels off clark rd between trafalger and gore rd.

E
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Thanks, I'll note those suggestions for next time.

Ended up going to Don Ashman on Piccadilli. The passenger side rear control arm was bent (probably explains the slight vibration at 110 km/h), but I decided to wait until summer to replace it since it still aligned within spec.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by hamill:
4 wheels

Ever tried Charterhouse? Been there quite a few times. I enjoy their work.

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
Originally posted by hamill:
4 wheels

Ever tried Charterhouse? Been there quite a few times. I enjoy their work.

Charterhouse Collision is pretty decent. I had a little bit of stuff taken through there (mainly for friends) if any of you are looking for an honest Mechanic, who has done an ST200 RSTB, full suspension and brakes on a cougar/contour/mystique, my mechanic in London is awesome. My dad's been using him for over 30 years and that car is still running strong. He's helped me alot on my cougar.

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard