Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yeah you nailed it - that's definately Vibe + Durango!

Me no likey.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
"shure is ugly"

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I can't see the SRT-4 version being much better lookin'. My suggestion to them is this, give it the SRT-4 engine (which they are) but add the Mopar stage II kit to it from the factory and make sure it puts down about 275-300 hp, upgrade to a 6 spd and go ahead with your AWD plans. This way, there'd be something to compensate for its looks and I bet it works. Also, the price needs to stay down around $25-27K

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
I can't see the SRT-4 version being much better lookin'. My suggestion to them is this, give it the SRT-4 engine (which they are) but add the Mopar stage II kit to it from the factory and make sure it puts down about 275-300 hp, upgrade to a 6 spd and go ahead with your AWD plans. This way, there'd be something to compensate for its looks and I bet it works. Also, the price needs to stay down around $25-27K

Agreed! Pray performance saves its tail!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Also, the price needs to stay down around $25-27K

yikes, that's how it starts. next thing you know it'll be in the $30ks. i think that would cut out a vast majority of their target market if they bump the price up. i say leave it as is. if people want to mod it they certainly have had no problem paying the $ to do so. im sure there's tons of kids out there who could barely afford one let alone to mod it. awd would definitely be a nice touch though.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Isn't it horrible! Get your REAL SRT-4 'Neon" while you can!!! Supposedly the SRT-4 version will have the new World Engine 2.4. We'll see! I am not intrested in either. I never really liked the Neon but got over it because of what the SRT4 is. It grew on me and when done right I really do like the look of the 2nd Gen Neon based SRT-4. This Caliber thing I would have a hard time getting over.

I just so happen to now own 2 Domestic Sport Compacts of which their product lines were dropped 3 years in the making of the offered performance (ie.. SVT SRT4) model. Wonderful! Resale value loves that option!

The Fusion looks ok, but it's SVT version is missing, and it's kinda heavy for me. No Chevy's for me so the Slowbalt is not an option. Besides, I have crewed enough on the GAC ST Cobalts of Lepper/Roach to know how crappy those Caviliers are. Ever seen the rear suspension on one? Check it out! Im not intrested in a MSpeed 6....Hmmm, the domestic sport compact scene is looking grim! Next time im buying a Bimmer!! Double VANOS time...hehe/

1999 SVT Contour, 2004 SRT4 & Lots Others... Currently building my 1999 SVT for NASA's TT REAL racers do it twisty!!
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
the civic Si shall RISE again! RISE CIVIC RIIIISE!!!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by svt4stv:
the civic Si shall RISE again! RISE CIVIC RIIIISE!!!

For $25k loaded w/ nav system, its a great car, I really like the new Civic Si

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Unfortunately, I have a spoiler for you guys. The Caliber is built on the same platform as the next-gen Mitsubishi Lancer. Let that sink in....

Which means....

The AWD turbo Caliber is an EVO with a beefed-up SRT-4 powertrain. For less $. Once again I'll let that sink in...

WHO KING OF SPORT-COMPACT KAIDO-BATTLE MOUNTAIN/RALLY?

besides, I'd drive it. I think it looks good, and has practical space to carry things.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Unfortunately, I have a spoiler for you guys. The Caliber is built on the same platform as the next-gen Mitsubishi Lancer. Let that sink in....

Which means....

The AWD turbo Caliber is an EVO with a beefed-up SRT-4 powertrain. For less $. Once again I'll let that sink in...

WHO KING OF SPORT-COMPACT KAIDO-BATTLE MOUNTAIN/RALLY?

besides, I'd drive it. I think it looks good, and has practical space to carry things.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see the SRT-4 version in person and if its "half way decent", well, maybe I'll be doing the lease pull ahead with the Crossfire in 07'

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard