Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Well after weeks of trying this on my own, searching the net, and posting on some random PC help forums I turn to the ultimate center for knowledge.. CEG
I know I have been away, but the people on this site havn't let me down yet, so here goes...

I'm running the S-video out of my Nvidia GE Force card into a JVC AV-27WF36,(27 in flat analog direct view.) I'm able to get a picture, but its distorted with the black border, and in BW. I have run through all the TV settings ie(PAL NTSC) and no matter what I do, I get the same thing. I don't know if this helps, but... when i first turn on the PC and it is booting, the TV with show the windows logo in color, but once I log into XP it goes to the crappy view in BW.. I have tinkered with all the settings for the card, and even downloaded TVTool... Nothing works. I'm hoping its a simple fix, but I just want it to work. I have looked around on the web, and have seen sites telling me I need an adapter.. I dont think I do. The PC has s-video out, and the TV has it in. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Old Ride- 98 Black Mystique; Duratec/ATX Mystique, the luxury SVT New Ride- 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade PS This is what part of the alphabet would look like if the letters Q and R were omitted...
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
it's not even worth it. Even with S-video the picture for anything but games/movies will be doo doo.

Anyway, on the computer side...do you haybe have the resolutino too high? or is there some sort of setting for color, etc.?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the quick reply.. gotta love CEG
I'm only gonna be usuing my TV out for movies anyway. I have a ton of videos on my computer(bedroom), but I wanna be able to watch them in the living room. As far as the PC goes, I have changed resolutions and video settings to no avail...

Old Ride- 98 Black Mystique; Duratec/ATX Mystique, the luxury SVT New Ride- 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade PS This is what part of the alphabet would look like if the letters Q and R were omitted...
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
My suggestion is to buy a DVD player and just rent the p0rn like all the rest of us

Actually I don't know what to tell you. My old roommate had a 43" Panasonic LCD that had an option for a computer hookup. I believe it was just one input on the side of the TV, and it was ready to go.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Try changing the quality options on the graphics card... on my computer, it won't run Halo unless it is on medium quality.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Look for software called PowerStrip. It allows full control of a vast number of video parameters; more than likely you could arrive at a setting that would make your TV happy.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I did this successfully. As stated, good for movies ONLY.

What you need to do is go into the card's user control panel, and select a TV as your primary viewing device. It will flicker the screen and automatically show up on the TV. My Radeon X700 Pro gives all sorts of functions.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I've tried switching the primary devices but still black and white. I have another monitor lying around and when I connect that as my secondary everything works fine, of course thats using the VGA port... Alas, back to tinkering..
Thanks for all the comments tho!

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Might sound stupid but did you make sure the s-vid connections were tight? When I use the s-video on my x-box, sometimes if it's not plugged in all the way, it'll be b&w....

"Here's a mirror, see your stupid face!"
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Drop your resolution to 800x600@60hz. Should help a *little*.

--JamesT

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard