Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Could it be another manufactured rumor? Can anybody confirm it's validity? I received it this morning from the general manager here at work that received it from trusty companions. Here it is...

A Word From A Deputy Sheriff

I am a Sheriff's Deputy who is part of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness in the New Orleans MSA. Mayor Nagin has been speaking furiously about the lack of everything from the State and Federal Government.

Here is some info:

1. There are two States here: Louisiana and the City of New Orleans-Orleans Parish. Always has been and always will be. When a State Law passes, Law makers ALWAYS write whether Orleans Parish will allow the Law or not.

2. When the MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) meets for Disaster Planning and Equipment Purchases (6 times a year for the last 15 years), we all agree how we will spend the Federal Money as a team since we are in this together. Orleans DEMANDS they will choose how they will spend their portion.

3. During Communication Infrastructure Planning we ALL (N.O. MSA) purchased Satellite Phones. We all pay several hundred dollars a month as a "Just In Case Measure". Orleans said their Infrastructure was TOP NOTCH and the money would be better spent on Ford F-150 Pickup Trucks. I dunno what they bought, but it wasn't SAT phones.

4. The looting, Rape (newly wedded European woman was raped and beaten as well as MANY others), etc. That is life in New Orleans. Why people find New Orleans a romantic, cherishable place is beyond 90% of all Louisianans. It is hot. It stinks. None of us even go into New Orleans without a sidearm and we prefer to leave our women at home. Rapes, thefts, and murder in New Orleans are as common as a high speed pursuit in California.

5. When we enter New Orleans to issue an arrest warrant, the SCAT (Street Crime Arrest Team) is ALWAYS present. Me and/or other officers have been part of 18 arrests in New Orleans and been shot at 17 times, 11 of those were with AK -47's and 3 of those 11 had two 40-round clips taped together.

6. Even before Mayor Naggin took office the Fed's and State were never allowed to do anything to improve New Orleans. New Orleans ALWAYS wanted the cash to do their own improvements, their way.

7. There was no way in Hell the State was gonna make a move until New Orleans asked for help. There was No way in Hell the Fed's were gonna make a move until the Governor asked for help. That is Law.

8. The people looting and shooting have it better than ever. Those areas are known for people living in crappy homes without electricity because they don't
like to work for what they need. Now they have some flood water in their home. They stole guns, ammo and food. They have never had it so good and don't want to leave.

9. The people whining the loudest about racism are the same people who always whined about racism.

10. Jefferson Parish President, Aaron Broussard declared martial law Monday night. Mayor Ray Naggin didn't want to alienate any refugees and allowed all
this to happen. We sent officers in to help. As a report of an officer being shot and supplies and boat stolen we BEGGED Mayor Naggin to pass Martial Law.
NOPE! After 2 days, our department left New Orleans to die, then Mayor Naggin decided to declare Martial Law.

In our own Parish, we have arrest several refugees. We have recovered stolen Corvettes, Escalades, Mercedes Benz, BMW's, etc. A young Black female ran over one of our officers. She was driving a Nissan
with a VIN from an Oldsmobile 88 and a plate from Alabama registered to a ford van. An elderly white man died because our Hospital was unable to fill his
Oxygen Bottle.

Refugees have stolen an EMS Generator at the Mobile Command Center. Refugees have stolen an Energy truck trying to restore power. Most Parishes are out of gas at all stations and most of us cannot drive to work. All gas stations have a 15-20 minute wait for gas. Some stations are selling only 2 gallons per customer. One station raised prices to $5.64 a gallon. The owner refused to lower prices. We promptly hooked him in the cuffs and dumped him in jail. There are tons more.

Mayor Naggin had years and so did his predecessor's to prepare, but they refused and they refused everyone else's help. Now he is bitching because no one is coming and everything is falling apart.

The media is asking why was the State and Fed's not prepared, New Orleans NEVER allowed us to hold drills. All other Parishes and Baton Rouge have drills just for this. The media is asking why no help is coming for the dead. They're dead. We are only worried about the living. We are tying the dead to a tree or pushing them aside in an attempt to save the living.

If this is true, then as harsh as it may sound, them f**kers deserved EVERYTHING that happened to them, spare the needy and health-condition prone/helpless.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I couldn't find anything on snopes...

Ryan Trollin!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I don't doubt it at all.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I don't think the innocents deserved any such fate, but if true, Naggin deserves political crucifiction & possible criminal punishment for neglecting the safety & security needs of the people of N.O.

This is just another piece of info to support my suggestion that the flooded residential areas of N.O. should be bulldozed & turned into commercial/industrial enterprise zones. Evacuation, loss of life, & recovery efforts would not be near the challenge they were this time, and more modern planning & infrastructure can go into the newly constructed residential areas. Additionally, commercial/industrial entities would be more receptive to upgrades of the levy system in order to protect their investments, i.e. political influence.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I like your idea TourDeforce. The area is a nightmare and will never be the same. Hell, who's to say when they rebuild and refill with people, this won't happen again. I mean, 2 hurricanes, simultaneaously, starting as a cat 1 crossin over Florida... and boom, Cat 5.

New Orleans is a horse with a broken leg now, should we let the horse keep working with the broken leg, with poor efficiency and questionable reliabilty with a possiblilty of it falling and breaking another? Or do we shoot it and move on.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:

New Orleans is a horse with a broken leg now, should we let the horse keep working with the broken leg, with poor efficiency and questionable reliabilty with a possiblilty of it falling and breaking another? Or do we shoot it and move on.

The problem I saw with N.O. was a lot of little things gone wrong to make it into a disaster. If any one of them were taken care of to begin with we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

1) If the levees had been able to withstand a CAT5 hurricane I doubt the city would have flooded.
2) If the town had been raised when it was built (like Chicago after the fire) I don't think it would have flooded.
3) If FEMA acted as it should have, like with every other natural disaster, could more people been evacuated before and afterthe storm?
4)If all the political red tape could have been circumvented would relief been there sooner?

But the idea of moving on after the city was almost wiped out is rediculous. Lets not forget that N.O. sits at the mouth of the Mississippi River so its not like we can just ignore a city underwater.

98 Contour GL 4 cyl 131,000 miles - 57,000 w/o a CEL! Get Firefox
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I don't doubt this at all. New Orleans has always been a corrupt city, run completely by the mafia. Those funds that New Orleans gets lines the pockets of organized crime.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by iceddodo:
If the town had been raised when it was built (like Chicago after the fire) I don't think it would have flooded.

Untrue. Or rather, that's a misunderstanding about the geology of New Orleans. The city sinks, to put it very basically. It's built on alluvial soil (I think I have the terminology right) at the mouth of the Mississippi, and that's not a stable foundation. Low density, high water content, yadda yadda yadda, imagine really slow quicksand and you're on the right path. The levees that were built to alleviate flooding also inadvertently alleviated the "re-soiling", if you will, of the area, so it was only a matter of time before New Orleans started having geologic problems. I've heard five decades bandied about as an estimate. IIRC, the oldest part of the city, i.e. the French Quarter, is on the most stable and highest land there.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by knightlife:
New Orleans NEVER allowed us to hold drills. All other Parishes and Baton Rouge have drills just for this.

I have no idea whather any of this is true or not, but the above quote would refute the "no one had any idea the levees would break" argument.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by PackRat:
I don't doubt this at all. New Orleans has always been a corrupt city, run completely by the mafia. Those funds that New Orleans gets lines the pockets of organized crime.

You know, for once, I agree with you. Having been born there and visited there, I can tell you how corrupt the city is. I'd blame Clinton before I blame Bush because he was President when some of the decisions for the levees were made, but honestly, this town was destroyed because of the mayor and governor. If the mayor really cared, he would have made his own evacuation plans and then explained it to FEMA so they didn't have to figure it out on their own. To quote an editorial, "To blame the President for NO is like blaming the CEO of an airline for the crash." You need to go down the chain where the real disaster has been going on for years.

Last edited by Majisto; 09/23/05 07:02 PM.

2000 Contour SE
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard