Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1366594 08/21/05 08:41 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I recently finished up some mods, so i figured I'd whore the Mystique. Since the last time i posted pics, i added a SVT exhaust and swapped the stock res for a magnaflow, dropped the car one inch with the BAT kit, and most recently completed my projector project.

Added a poor-mans nav system :

Lowered about an inch, nice stance, great handling, stays pretty even in the corners, massive brake dive is hardly noticeable anymore:

Added SVT exhaust with magnaflow res., sounds great; nice and mean. Doesn't always look the best from every angle, but it will stay as is for a while at least. Not a great pic, i know:

And finally some projector pics:

I settled on a nice color for the bezel, looks darker and more agressive from the front, but not too dark when looking at the profile...all in all, very satisfied. I made an aluminum plate to cover the body of the projector and the stock low beam reflector portion....very happy with the way it turned out. Low beam is 90mm Hella H9, high is 9005 Silver Star. Very happy with performance in all aspects. The hella projectors have a huge improvement in beam pattern...that would be the biggest advantage i would say. Stock lamps are decent enough, but when aimed properly, the pattern doesn't have as nice of a spread.

I'll try to snap some nightime pics to show the beam and cutoff.

Big thanks to all the guys that gave me insight on the projector project; Stazi, Milan, Swazo, Dion, Jon...and others i may have forgotten!!!

As always, comments are welcome; good, bad, whatever...

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
That's looks sweet! Very nice car! Clear corners would make it look even nicer, but it's the projectors are pretty sweet the way they are.
What kind of mesh is that?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Wow Amar, very nice work, love the lights. Now... I always thought your car had some sort of resembelance at teh front with the mesh and painted grill... but couldn't think of what it was.until now. Does the front not look similar to a Marauder, or what?!!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
wow, if I had to picked up another mystique then a contour I would want it to look like that

nice job

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Nice work man! Happy to have been able to help!

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Thanks for the kind words, guys! The headlamps were a lot of work...been working on them so long...I'm just glad they turned out so nice.

Originally posted by 98Ford2L:
That's looks sweet! Very nice car! Clear corners would make it look even nicer, but it's the projectors are pretty sweet the way they are.
What kind of mesh is that?

-I had the opportunity to pull the reflectors out, but i decided that I wanted reflectors and that was the best spot for them, so I epoxied them back into place.

-The mesh is called woven mesh/woven wire mesh/wire cloth its T-304 stainless steel. Similar in appearance to what Jaguar and cadillac use, but different mesh spacing and wire diameter. If you search for "woven mesh" in this section or aesthetics, you should find info that i've posted up before.

Chad: As for the marauder thing, i guess i can see how some of the lines are similar. I'd take it as a compliment since those things look pretty mean.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I love what you've done with your Mystique, I get a lot of my mod ideas from your car since it's almost exactly like mine.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by brapple:
wow, if I had to picked up another mystique then a contour I would want it to look like that

nice job

I agree. Since the day I saw his Mystique, I loved it.

White + Post 97 + Mystique =

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
VERY nice job Amar - as usual you do meticulous work!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Nice looking ride. Good job on the lights.

1999 Contour SE 2.5 Duratec Stock, can't wait to do some mods!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard