Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
sigma Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
This isn't meant to be a Classified ad, so please don't lock this Mods. The car isn't even for sale yet, I'm just looking for some feedback.

I'm going to be selling my Mazda6s in the near future and have prepared a little ad of sorts mainly to post in some of the various Forums that I frequent first-off since it's free and less of a hassle than other means.

So I'd like to get some feedback on the quick rough draft I typed up. Anything big thing that I missed that should be in there? Anything that shouldn't be? Anything extra that I might want to add? Do you consider it a fair price?

I have a couple pictures that I would add as well, and I'd probably include a link to some more. I just need to take some updated ones this coming weekend since the photos I have are missing a couple small little things.

But, here ya go:

2003 Mazda Mazda6s -- $16,900

Fully-Loaded with V6, Manual, Sport Package, Leather, Side Airbags, 6-Disc, Bose, and Moonroof
30,000 Miles (20,000 miles and/or 30 months remaining factory warranty)

Meticulously Maintained and Cared for. Has provided absolute trouble-free performance without a single issue

Full Maintenance Records

Brand New Tires and Brake Hardware at 29,000 miles

All Mechanical/Electrical Modifications performed by ASE-Certified Master Mechanic and Electrical Engineer

List of Modifications and other changes:

Engine/Transmission:
    Injen Cold-Air Intake
    RPM Short-Throw Adapter
    Spec Stage 2 Clutch
    Redline MT-90 Transmission Fluid

Suspension:
    Eibach Lowering Springs

Exterior:
    22/18 Llumar â??Centaurâ? Tint
    Anzo Clear Sidemarkers
    Blacked-Out Sport Grille
    Painted Calipers (Red)
    Painted Engine Cover (White)
    Debadged
    Removed Ding Guards
    Silviaparts Eyelids

Interior:
    Black/White Custom Two-Tone Leather
    Lotek Center-Mounted Gauge Pod
    Autometer Gauges (Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, and Voltmeter)
    Autovation Aluminum Pedals (Custom replacements, not covers)
    RPM Hoodlifter Kit

Lighting:
    Brightstar 5000K HIDs
    Autolumination 4-LED Interior Lighting (Blue)
    Foglights Function as Daytime Running Lights
    Sidemarkers Function as Repeaters
    Silverstar H3 Foglights

Wheels/Tires:
    18x7.5 Hyperblack ADR M-Sports
    225/40/R18 Kumho Ecta 712s

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
In all honesty, I think you're asking a bit too little. I'm confident that you can get almost 2k more than your current asking price.

By the way, what is your motive for selling the car? It seems relatively new and quite immaculate. Just wondering why you want to sell it.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I agree seems low. W/O the seats maybe but I'm sure those weren't cheap. I keep that 6. Looks great to me.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
sigma Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, the KBB Private Party value is $16,500. So, while I appreciate the sentiment, I'm not sure how much higher than that I can go. While there is roughly $5,000 in work in the car, I can't expect to actually have that returned to me. But, I appreciate the comment, and maybe if I get enough saying that they think I could get more, I'll set the price a little higher.

As for why I'm selling, I just want something new. Something with a bit more performance potential than the Mazda6 offers with the primary difference being something RWD. I really do love this car though. Aside from being a great car in its' own right, I definitely got a good one out of the factory. It's given me absolutely no problems at all and has dyno'd quite a bit above average. In fact I only dyno 10hp below a buddy's and he has a much better MAF-tuned intake, headers, and exhaust -- all I've got is a standard Injen CAI. This car is quite the "factory freak".

More than likely I'm going to get an RX-8, though I have given the '05 GTO more than a little consideration. Two different philosophies of vehicle there for sure and I'm impressed with the both of them for different reasons. But I think the RX-8 suits me better, so I'm probably going to get it and work on hitting 300whp and high 12s.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
If I was in the market I would pick that up from you at that price w/o giving it a second thought. I know what a good deal is on a car and that would be one. You aren't in too large of a hurry to dump it so ask 18k and see where it goes. Someone is obviously going to try to low ball you off of that.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
Someone is obviously going to try to low ball you off of that.

$400 bucks and my pet cat. Take it or I walk away...

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Just a comment on your future purchase. If you think that an RX-8 will have more potential, I would caution you to read through their forums thoroughly. I think your current car has more potential despite its FWD handicap. Its doubtful that any forced induction will ever come out for the RX-8 that is reliable or remotely affordable ($9k+).

I would suggest looking into the G35, 350z, GTO, 03-04 Cobra if I were you. IMHO of course...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
sigma Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by path914:
Just a comment on your future purchase. If you think that an RX-8 will have more potential, I would caution you to read through their forums thoroughly. I think your current car has more potential despite its FWD handicap. Its doubtful that any forced induction will ever come out for the RX-8 that is reliable or remotely affordable ($9k+).

I would suggest looking into the G35, 350z, GTO, 03-04 Cobra if I were you. IMHO of course...

Appreciate the comment, but I'm already pretty active on RX8Club. There's already people running high 13s with nothing more than an untuned cheap ($2900) GReddy turbo (actually, he ran a 14.0 with only 3PSI due to a leak, so I presume a high 13 is easy with the normal 6-7psi). With adequate tuning mid-13s are expected out of that turbo @ 7psi and around 250whp.

But I don't plan on getting that turbo. SSR has a turbo with 300whp on their 'base' model that's $4500 plus a variety of 'upgrades' that push towards an expected 400whp for about double that. I'm personally looking at a turbo kit from PTP Motorsports (a shop not far in Austin) expected to be roughly the same as SSRs in price and performance.

Reliability of the Renesis is of course at question, and no one can really say for certain how it will hold up. But I'm more concerned with the strength of the transmission in the RX-8 when it comes to forced induction than I am the engine.

It's not set in stone though, so it could change. Everytime I download a clip of a GTO making a pass, I want one all over again. Particularly one with longtubes.

I'm not a fan of the Z or G, nor the VQ engine with its' weak bottom-end, so they're out. The GTO, like I said, I really like. If I could just get over the looks there's a high probability of buying one. But I'm not a huge fan of the looks and the wife really dislikes them. And the Mustang is out just because this is Mustang country and I don't want something that literally tens of thousands have in the local area. The same with the new Mustang -- there's three White '05 GTs and a Lime Green '05 GT 'Vert just in the small <50 car parking lot in front of my apartment.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by sigma:
Well, the KBB Private Party value is $16,500. So, while I appreciate the sentiment, I'm not sure how much higher than that I can go. While there is roughly $5,000 in work in the car, I can't expect to actually have that returned to me. But, I appreciate the comment, and maybe if I get enough saying that they think I could get more, I'll set the price a little higher.

Finally a seller who gets it! Awesome!

I'd include the little disclaimer "never raced" .. but with those mods that would seem a ridiculous lie if you put that in.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I'm probably gonna get nailed for this but,
sell the 6 and buy this,

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53302

for the price of something new you could still have enough money to supercharge it.

6450 of 6535 6-16-98
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard