Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
hey guys, just wanted to let you all know tonight I go to Boston for a health exam and swearing in to The marines tomorrow morning. I will be shipping out for Parris Island in November. Just wanted to know if anbody who is already a marine knows what the swearing in process is like and/or what it consists of.

-Dave

98 CSVT Black/Blue #135 of 6535 Formerly known as "SVTbullet"
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Sure do. =)

Tonite you'll basically go thru your physical, sign some papers, and stand in front of the US/Marine flags and repeat what they tell you. Its a pretty basic process, but you'll remember it for the rest of your life.

What types of specifics did you want to know?

Ooh-rah, Semper Fi.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Actually, thats pretty much it. Just wanted to know what the swearing in process consisted of and whether or not it is long. After boot camp, MCT, and my MOS training, im going back to school. Hopefully ill get accepted to Platoon Leader training, which will graduate me from college a 2nd lieutenant. (hopefully).

To all other marines out there, ill be one of you by next year.

98 CSVT Black/Blue #135 of 6535 Formerly known as "SVTbullet"
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
With the reserves supporting the Active Duty members I'd expect you to serve a 1yr tour in some hellhole within the next 3yrs.

Best of luck

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Nope, nothing long. The paperwork is the biggest portion, that and waiting in 10 different lines as you get shots, blood drawn, sign paperwork, etc, etc. MEPS is pretty organized, tho, and they get you in and out as quickly as possible.

I went to OCS after MCT, and prior to my MOS deployment. I retired a 1st Lt in 1999.

Don't worry about the nay-sayers, even if you are activated, its part of your commitment. I'm sick of the "Oh, but I signed up with the reserves thinking I'd never go to war...(whine) (cry)..." people. You obviously know what you're doing, and I commend you for signing up during a time of war, it only goes to show that YOU are the type of person that the Marines are looking for. Ooh rah, future "Devil Dog".

E1

PS: I believe we already discussed the guy that died at MCRD PI during swim training. Nothing new, recruits die in boot camp all the time. Hell, there were 4 major injuries and 3 suicides while I was in bootcamp. :P

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Good luck, sir.

From those of us who couldn't do this, thank you.

Jason

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by bishop375:
Good luck, sir.

From those of us who couldn't do this, thank you.

^^^^

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Ooh-rah! And Semper Fi.

Big tip: Drink tons of water and keep yourself hydrated.

I saw many recruits suffer heat exhaustion and heat strokes. One suffered a heat stroke while running next to me. I found out later that he died. So keep yourself hydrated. 20 glasses a day minimum. (I'm not joking.)

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
I was going to go back into the recruit traning thing but it's been hashed enough in here. Recruit training has changed in 20 years, but I think I still have a bruise on my ribs from a DI.

Best of luck to you; and my three most valuable bits of advice for getting through boot camp:

1. Keep your mouth shut.
2. Do what ever you are told to do as fast as you can, to the best of your ability, without complaining.
3. Never give up. Ever. No matter how much it sucks, physically or mentally. It's only 16 weeks, it does end, and you will be high on pride like you can't even imagine.

SEMPER FI

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard