Next Thread
Print Thread
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Hey all,
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether there were any carbon fiber hoods for '99 'Stiques?
I found the cowl hoods at CTAmotorsports, but seeing as how the Mystique front bumper and grill are different than a Contour,
I'm not sure that it will fit.
I e-mailed CTA, and I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether their hood will fit or not.
Anyway, if anyone knows that would be great...otherwise I'll keep you all informed on CTA's answer.
Thanks for reading!

Kyle 1999 Mystique LS (V-6)MTX Silver Heavily Modded Happiness isn't about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you have!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
No, it will not fit.

Maybe swapping to Contour headlights and oval will allow it to fit? Anyone know?

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
You are correct sir...CTA got back to me today, and no...the carbon fiber hoods for Contours will no fit the Mystiques. Shucks...The problem with switching out the contour headlights and grill is that Mystiques have a different front bumper as well to accomidate the different grill so unless I replace my entire front end, it's a no go.

Kyle 1999 Mystique LS (V-6)MTX Silver Heavily Modded Happiness isn't about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you have!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Replacing the front bumper is easy. IIRC it's just a couple bolts. You could probably find one at local junkyard for cheap.

This would allow you to add an SVT bumper, too.

Any Mystique owners want to give this a go?

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
But our hoods look pretty damn good already.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I do concur. However both cars have their perks. However, I wish body mods were just a BIT more prevelant for us Mercury guys. Well, that's how it goes in the west.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
I do concur. However both cars have their perks. However, I wish body mods were just a BIT more prevelant for us Mercury guys. Well, that's how it goes in the west.

and i wish the contours could use all the mondeo mods... oh well, blame ford.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

Well I was talking more about the 98+ hood and it's shape....I love it.

And it's okay if body mods are rare, that means if you make stuff on your own it's much more unique ....after being in the contour/mystique world for so long, you come to appreciate the creativity that this situation forces.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I love it too, it strikes me as a much needed exterior change to differentiate the Merc from the Ford. Although mine is a '97 I still like the later models just a smidge better, because of the lights. I do so yearn for a Mercury Hood ornament instead of that badge in my grill. An idea for a mod perhaps huh?

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard