Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
It would be cool to have some little round push-button LED courtesy lights to stick/mount to the areas in the rear seat above where the seat belts come out. At night it's pretty dark back there. Battery powered would be nice so you wouldn't have to do wiring.

You'd think it would be a simple thing to make/find, but I've Googled quite a bit and not found anything suitable. Has anyone seen lights like this?

98 Contour V6 MTX, T-Red, 150k mi. Pic SVT Dual Exhaust, KKM Intake, Donnely Mirror, Dension DMP3 Player w/80GB of MP3s, Wheelskin 95 F-150 91 Mustang GT 06 Honda Shadow Aero
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Why don't you just get a light fixture for the back seat from a Mystique, and wire it up to the front light?
Just a thought.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Go to a junkyard and find a (semi) luxury car that has rear map lights in the healdiner (Grand Prixs, mini vans, etc) and mount them in the back by the "oh-[censored]" handles. I have a pair from a 2001 Jetta that I'll be puttin in soon. They also will come on when the door is opened.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
They also will come on when the door is opened.

Easy! I have a LED that lights up my key hole when the door is opened. You know... it can be hard to find the hole at night LED's in the foot wells (also come on when doors open) and LED's in the trunk that come on when its opened and go off when its shut. So chad... you idea is nothing special! But it is still cool!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Go to a junkyard and find a (semi) luxury car that has rear map lights in the healdiner (Grand Prixs, mini vans, etc) and mount them in the back by the "oh-[censored]" handles. I have a pair from a 2001 Jetta that I'll be puttin in soon. They also will come on when the door is opened.

Cool idea, now i need to start peekin in everyones windows to find a style i like!
Thanx!

00SEMTXMeshgrill,KKM&K&N,Fogsmodded,17"MotegiFF5's,SilverELgauges,BlueLEDinterior,Knaubered Trubendzw/magnaflowhttp://www.sl33stak.com FSVT Smart pump
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RawBurt:
They also will come on when the door is opened.

Easy! I have a LED that lights up my key hole when the door is opened. You know... it can be hard to find the hole at night LED's in the foot wells (also come on when doors open) and LED's in the trunk that come on when its opened and go off when its shut. So chad... you idea is nothing special!

You just swapped out the normal people bulbs for leds that function the same as factory (cept the keyhole, but some of us don't have problems finding the hole ).

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You just swapped out the normal people bulbs for leds that function the same as factory

Incorrect, 5mm LED's and some cutting and splicing.

(cept the keyhole, but some of us don't have problems finding the hole ).

Doh, but the key hole is small! Besides it's cool and alot of newer vehicles have it!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Some of the older ones too, my dad had a 87 Thunderbird T/C that had the illuminated keyhole.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Rawburt is just trying to feel good about himself... don't give him the benefit!!!!

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Clicky.

After getting the idea from stolon, I did it to my old 99 mystique (didn't have the rear dome light) nearly 2 years ago.

Bunch of other guys have done it as well, iirc.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard