Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
If everything goes as planned, i'll be hightowerizing a pair of Mystique headlamps in a few weeks, and I wanted to get some ideas for the color.

Black was the first thought, but after seeing the lamps with black paint on some lighter colored cars, i'm worried about the raccoon look. I was also possibly considering White (body color) but i don't want to go overboard with the white on the front end.

...So now I'm thinking of something like a dark grey...like maybe ford's mineral grey that you see on a lot of mustangs.

I'm open to suggestions.

But anyway, I was hoping to possibly get some photoshop modded pics to help me make a decision. If someone could do them in white, black, and grey, I would appreciate it.

Some possible pics of my car that can be used...whichever is easiest to work with:

And here's a pic of a mineral grey mustang and a different grey focus hijacked from google:

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
with your car i would definitely go with a lighter color than black. a grey would be much better suited to a white car. you would be a racoon for sure.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
This post needs more pixel...

I would go with body color on that creampuff. Silver, you can get away with black, but white with black/gray lights, I don't think would look as good.

Be careful, since no one makes an aftermarket set of Mystique headlights ($$$$)

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
You might think it's weird... but I would go with a gloss white. Your car would look SICK with them hightowerd in gloss white! THe black or grey wouldn't go well with your car, it has way too much white for that, other wise your car will look like a racoon. I'd defently consider white, my friend.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I think the chrome originals look the best on white...a set of (white) fiberglass eyelids would really look good.

newpower:

Last edited by SVZETEC; 05/27/05 03:08 PM.

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Thanks for the input everyone.

So, we can pretty much take black off of the list....no raccoon for me.

I think that white would look cool, the only thing is that I don't want to go overboard with white on the front end...I already did the grille....I don't want it to look like I went crazy with a can of paint.

I'm still curious how a light grey would look versus body color....hopefully some of the photoshop gurus on the site can help.

The other idea that I had was using some of that VHT spray tint on the chrome bezel....but the more I think about it, the more I dislike that idea [for my color of car].

And about the eyelids, I have indeed thought about doing that....several times actually. All you'd really need to do is buy some fleece, stretch it around the lamps so that it hugs the curvature, then soak it with fiberglass resin, sand til its smooth, and thin it out, then reinforce with some fiberglass cloth.

Or you could probably cover the lamps in plastic wrap and foil and lay some fiberglass down right on the lamps.

I'm still a fiberglass newb at the moment, so I'd have to mess around and research some more first.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hey Amarv, well i personally think that you could be fine just leaving them the way they are for a few reasons, since you've painted the grille that added a good amount of white to the front end, and if you painted them it is very posible that you 'd have too much white for the front, the chrome in the headlights and grille to me accents a white car very nicely, and your grille looks great and the headlights accent the car still very well, so i'd say leave it, the car looks great how it is, i'd say leave it.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by amarv12:
I think that white would look cool

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
So can anyone do some chops, or am I out of luck!?!?!?

O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
I've also wondered how red would look on my T red CSVT. Personally I think you should stick with the chrome bezels and go with the eyelids for the white.

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard