Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I installed a brand new aftermarket HU (Panasonic CQ-C5301U). I did all the wiring and rechecked to be sure, when i tried the radio the left rear speaker doesn't work and used to work before. I checked with me ohmmeter the wires for that speaker and everything is fine, so I assume that wire and spealer are good. Now I think that it's the HU itself, what do you guys think about that issue ?

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
do the battery test. pull the head unit and touch a battery to the left rear speaker wires behind the radio. if you hear a mild pop sound from the speaker, the wires are fine.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Yeah I remember now about this tip, I will do it tomorrow and tell you about it, thanks.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
CarpePoon:
do the battery test. pull the head unit and touch a battery to the left rear speaker wires behind the radio. if you hear a mild pop sound from the speaker, the wires are fine.

I did put a "AA" battery on the 2 wires for the rear left speaker, didn't hear any sounds. My battery was disconnected, but I don't think that will make any differences.

But, as I stated, i had check with an ohmmeter, on the 2 wires, and I don't have an open loop. So how could it be the speaker or the wires?

Nic.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard