Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sigma Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'm looking for a late-model (but pre-mid-2003) Miata or Protege in the Phoenix/Tempe, Arizona area to help out a supplier of mine. No, I don't know exactly how early we can go, but if you have one that's 97+ I'll ask if that will work for them.

AutoEnginuity is a maker of OBD-II/CAN scanning software for PC/Palm/PocketPC. They make a great product, even so much that they are used by Ford and GM on their assembly lines to do final QA checks. Their software also includes a G-Tech like program they call "SpeedTracer" to measure performance times and what not.

Aside from your usual scanning they offer what they call "Expansions". These unlock hundreds of extra sensors in your car that your everyday scanner can't read. Most scanners read only about 50 sensors, the regular AutoEnginuity normally reads from 83, and with the expansions it reads (depending on the manufacturer) 2500+ additional sensors and tests.

Now, the reason I'm posting this is that the guy running the company, Jay Horak (a great buy, BTW, best customer service ever), is in need of a Mazda so that he can work on creating software that will read all the Mazda-specific sensors. Right now he's only working on the OBD-II cars, so they need to be pre-2003. Specifically, he's looking for Miatas and Proteges.

What the person who can help him out gets is the Expansion for free -- a value of $150+. So, if you don't already have his software you'll need to purchase that, but I imagine that Jay would probably give you a good deal on the base software if you needed it. The basic software is about $200.

PM me if you could do this or want more details.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Mazda forum?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
sigma Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Of course I've already hit those up without much success, and I know there are Miata owners here that would perhaps like a nice deal on something. Excuse me for trying to help out a CEGer.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX

Link Copied to Clipboard