Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
This post is regarding a memorial website for a friend of mine who passed away about a year and a half ago.

http://www.markdefour.com

He was a great kid who touched so many people in his life. We have had this site up since he died, but lately people have been posting ridiculous shiz on there, and its really pissing me off. The thing that bothers me is that I know his mom is gonna read this, and its gonna make her upset, even know it is all BS. Stupid drunks...

My questions are for anyone who knows anything about sites like these.. A. is there a way for the site administrator to be able to delete these stupid posts? B. Is there a way anyone could get the IP, or have any way of tracking the posters?

Thanks for your help

Old Ride- 98 Black Mystique; Duratec/ATX Mystique, the luxury SVT New Ride- 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade PS This is what part of the alphabet would look like if the letters Q and R were omitted...
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
that pisses me off, inconsiderate pricks

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
That is so wrong. I do not see how people can be so disrespectful. I have lost some important people in my life and i know i would be so upset at something like this. I hope you figure something out on how to get rid of some of these posts.

1998 Black SVT (#469 on 4-24-1997) Custom Cougars CAI Custom Magnaflow exhaust opt. jet-hot-coated Y-pipe B&M short shifter Stazi Rotor & Brake kit 17x7 Enkei RO56's Mirco Splitter 15.45 @ 89.03 (Stock /w worn clutch) 172HP 164TRQ (stock)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That is so incredibly weak sauce. Somebody needs a serious beatdown. Sorry about that, but just let it be and be the better man, if they are a "man" at all.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by seanman567:

My questions are for anyone who knows anything about sites like these.. A. is there a way for the site administrator to be able to delete these stupid posts?

Chances are it stores all of those comments in a flat file which the site admin or designer should know the location of. The same person would also know if the entries are going into a database. Either way, entries can be removed.

Originally posted by seanman567:
B. Is there a way anyone could get the IP, or have any way of tracking the posters?

Thanks for your help

Since the comments have a timestamp, someone with access to the webserver logs could compare the time of entry to the time in the log of the corresponding PUT entry, and gather the IP from there.

-06 GTO Torrid Red/M6 -98 LS with BPU -05 Honda Odyssey EX-L mv .zig ..\for\great\.justice
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for all the comments, and thanks to Tater Salad for the info!

Old Ride- 98 Black Mystique; Duratec/ATX Mystique, the luxury SVT New Ride- 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade PS This is what part of the alphabet would look like if the letters Q and R were omitted...
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
That is truly awful, and sad that jerks find the need to do something like that. That is one of the problems with a forum that is open to anyone. Who owns the site? If you are renting the URL from a company, contact them and have them delete the posts by accessing the HTML. If the problem presists, require people to register, and have their names be subject to admin regulations, or even see if someone could get admin privlages and regulate posts; kind of like a standard guestbook, where the owner can delete posts.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Geez, it would appear that this site angered as many people as it helped.....what the hell was with some idiot pasting what reads like a term paper on the site?? I can't comment on your friend because I don't know him, but there should be some way of eliminating those posts......

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)

Link Copied to Clipboard