Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I've seen the Panasonic head unit CQ-C5301U.

I would like to have your opinion on the quality of this head unit. I have the stock speakers and i remove the amplifier , so the head unit will only drive the speakers.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I used to be a dealer of just about every brand HU you could imagine. And the Panasonics were one of the better headunits out there. They offer the most features for the $$. Never heard any complaints either.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
CarpePoon:
I used to be a dealer of just about every brand HU you could imagine. And the Panasonics were one of the better headunits out there. They offer the most features for the $$. Never heard any complaints either.

Cool!

By the way i can have it in sold for 242$ CDN.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
C
C
I used Clarion, Sony and Kenwood in my cars. I prefer Panasonic due what ya get for the price, plus i've experienced better button/knob durability and lifespan with Panasonic.

I'm going to be upgrading to the Panasonic MXE CQ-C9901U soon.

Last edited by CKOneMan; 04/16/05 04:42 AM.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
The only thing I never liked about panasonics (the higher models CQ-C7301U and above) is that day-glo feature. People were buying them from me because it was a nice upgrade to the dot matrix display and not realizing that the whole radio glows blue at night. I think its kind of gheto looking. But the ricers with their interior neons and LED washer nozels loved it

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
The only thing I never liked about panasonics (the higher models CQ-C7301U and above) is that day-glo feature. People were buying them from me because it was a nice upgrade to the dot matrix display and not realizing that the whole radio glows blue at night. I think its kind of gheto looking. But the ricers with their interior neons and LED washer nozels loved it

Yep, I seen that crap at night once, looks very ghetto. It's like they put a thin layer of crappy paint on there and threw in some bulbs.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Thanks for the reply guys!

I sold the factory amp earlier. Is it a good thing to try to find another one, for cheap? Or should I buy an aftermarket new one? How hard is it to do the winring is the new one can't fit in the factory area?

Nic.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I'm running a Panasonic HU, touchscreen. I love it. No probs at all.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard