Next Thread
Print Thread
T
thejms Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I am having some studder problems while accelerating in lower rpms. It happens whether I am accelerating slowly or WOT and in all gears. After about 3k the studder goes away. I just noticed this about a week ago. I havent done any major work on the car in awhile. Last thing I can remember doing is cleaning the engine bay, but I am very careful to cover all electrical parts when doing it.

After some research I notice people having the same problems with the FMS/autolite combo. I have been running this combo for about 20k miles(about a year and a half) without problems. Could this still be the problems? I dont have OEM wires to through on just to check. Should I just run to Autozone and pick up some bosch wires or something? I dont really have the money for Magnecores or anything expensive at the moment.

Some people says that it could be the fuel filter? I have not changed the fuel filter yet and I am at 50k mileage? Could that be it?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Things I have done to try to fix the problem:

Cleamed MAF
Cleaned TB
Ran some Barrymans through the vaccum ports on top the upper intake
reset pcm

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Welcome to a common problem ... just so you don't waste $/time on the same thing here's what I've done to no avail:

- new Autolite plugs
- new Magnecore wires (cured problem for a short time)
- new coil
- new DPFE sensor

I'm starting to think it's dirty injectors or a bad ground somewhere. I'll be replacing my injectors this week sometime - let's hope that's it.

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Replace the fuel filter. It's the cheapest part out of the list that you described, and should be done anyway. I change mine every 15k or so. If that doesn't fix it, then look at your ignition system.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard