Did some work on the car on the weekend due to a failed IMRC controller box. The car exhibited an unstable idle, but no moose. As the original t-body was still on the car I replaced it with an SVT one as well as adding a cleaned and entry ported UIM. I reinstalled the original IAC (version unknown), but replaced the IAC connecting tube with the updated Ford version.

The second I started it Mr. Moose appeared. As long as I've owned it, there were no moosing issues. I drove it for a day to see if the Moose would go away once the PCM learned the new airflow. No luck.

Choices were reinstall the original IAC resonance tube (not the bagpipe design) or add the TH plug. The TH plug was the simplest, so this was the method I used. Mr. Moose is gone plus the car "feels" more responsive to the right foot now. I know the TH plug will cost me slightly if/when I do the 1/4 mile, but for street driving I prefer it this way.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.