Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1133860 12/20/04 12:22 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Orginally you said your SVT could trounce any stock 6s. (a non stock to stock comparison) I offered up a video of one with less mods than yours that would kill you in AutoX
I would be happy to see any real data to prove your point (or mine for that matter) but unless you run into some good 6 drivers out there the only way I see to get it is for you to drive back to VA to run a few events Just semantics, I should have clarified my position. I meant stock vs. stock.

I thought you mentioned the 17"'s ? I got some nice AutoX wheels (16X7.5) for sale (with tires) cheap (but they are 19.5 pounds) I have 17s like Scott's on my FSVT, I could swap em' out was what I was thinking. I'll pass on the AutoX tires you have. I would just use the CSVT stock wheels for all that. But thanks.

I thought the SVT had the 18/19mm like the early SE? If you have a 21mm I think that is the BAT bar. I think it's 19mm stock, I've got the BAT one I think. Bought it used. Haven't installed it yet.

I have seen a few once or twice but nobody that is always running like some other people are. There is one guy that used to run his but stopped before I started. Too bad, the way that thing was going when we were at Rev It Up, I'd bet it'd post some good numbers.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
#1133861 12/21/04 12:55 AM
L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Cap CEG Troll #2:

1. Comparing a 5+ year-old car vs a new car is apples to oranges

2. Comparing the CSVT vs 3 based only a your experience w/ a Zetec makes zero sense

3. As others have stated, the CSVT #s you posted are generous - stock CSVTs have run low 15s

Regardless, the CSVT will thrash the 3. Check how they hold their own / outperform cars that cost $10k in AutoX.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Originally posted by LUK A LYK:
sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the 3 Koko. I have nothing bad to say about it. I think it handles better and I know its alot faster than my old auto Zetec. I was actually just talking to Pete yesterday and he was telling me how you test drove both the 3 & the 6. See I test drove both of them as well. I test drove the 6i though and not the S. Both were manual and I felt the 6 was very sluggish and unresponsive. It may just have been that specific car but I was quite disappointed. With me posting these numbers...it was kinda neat to see how the numbers of the 3 were pretty similar to the CSVT.

Pete I may be mis-interpreting(sp) your response but it seems you became very defensive over what I posted and then you guys had to go and JACK MY THREAD
...but as I said before i thought it was neat to find numbers that were somewhat similar.

You should know from all the time we spent working with our cars that I loved the contour and I loved mine. I did start to neglect it though when it started giving me problems and being more of a money pit than a fun ride.

I still turn my head every time i see an SVT because it was the car I wanted mine to look like and perform like since I couldn't actually have one.

I'll just be on top of my "I BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR" bubble over here.

Later guys.

Oh Pete sorry I didnt call the other morning...the night before was a looong night.

We still gotta get together so you can see the car. Its a nice two tone of silver and salt right now

PRIME-TOUR You're fired! I write the books here! ~Tom~
#1133862 12/21/04 05:49 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Okay, back on track. Sorry to jack Tom. Congrats on the car! You gonna mod it any? Is there an aftermarket for the 3s? I haven't seen a modded one yet.

#1133863 12/21/04 01:28 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Okay, back on track. Sorry to jack Tom. Congrats on the car! You gonna mod it any? Is there an aftermarket for the 3s? I haven't seen a modded one yet.

Only mod he has planned is tint. Modding (and neglect) killed the Tour - I think he wants to avoid going down that path again!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1133864 12/21/04 04:10 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
For some reason, I think that the 3 has the same "turbo hole" behind the engine that the 6 does, although finding a blower to fill it is a different story. Still, that engine has a good amount of pull for a car of that size. Might be fine just enjoying the sucker as-is.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#1133865 12/21/04 04:39 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Stock sucks.
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Might be fine just enjoying the sucker as-is.

Ryan Trollin!
#1133866 12/21/04 08:25 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
I think I'm pretty much done modifying cars. I'd prefer reliable and comfortable to a challenge of HP. Other than minor mods, I won't be involved in whole sale engine and tranny swaps.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#1133867 12/21/04 09:24 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
It's always going to depend for me on how new/used the car is. With this Contour, I knew from the start that there'd be stuff that needed to be done and I took those opportunities to tweak it here and there. I wouldn't have the same desire to do so with a new(ish) car, assuming that it wasn't spitting parts out or otherwise falling apart. Heck, one big reason that I've been thinking of letting my Contour go is just to get something with warranty coverage, but since I fully own the Contour, I might as well stay with it and zero payments until I don't have a choice anymore.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#1133868 12/22/04 12:53 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
i figured that was a given with you...seeing how you've needed a clutch since I've known you. But that's the beauty in today's automotive worlds is there are tons of cars out there with more than enough HP, and others that are very easy to get MORE HP out off.....RELIABLEY :-)
Originally posted by Andy W.:
I think I'm pretty much done modifying cars. I'd prefer reliable and comfortable to a challenge of HP. Other than minor mods, I won't be involved in whole sale engine and tranny swaps.

-Andy

Ryan Trollin!
#1133869 12/22/04 02:15 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Only mod he has planned is tint. Modding (and neglect) killed the Tour - I think he wants to avoid going down that path again!

Nothing wrong with a little improvement to vehicles as long as it's sensible. I prefer asthetics myself. Suspension work on my SVT is the biggest mod I've ever done. I've NEVER messed with the engine in any of my cars short of an intake.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard