Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
The car was a weapon tho...but thinking more rationally I would've been all about using my tour to stop her.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
The car was a weapon tho...but thinking more rationally I would've been all about using my tour to stop her.

Using your car to block her I THINK would be a little more successful and less dangerous to any non-involved citizens.

Hey, I'm right with you. I'd like to have plugged her right then and there.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by bishop375:
The "SUV Mentality" of "I can do anything I want with my car, I'm bigger" IS a factor.

Where can we see specific evidence of this?

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
How about the woman with 3 kids in her H2 when she figured she could jump a curb on a college campus at 2am and wound up totalling her car?

How about this woman who ran down 3 kids?

How about the consistency of SUV's who get so close to me on the highway that I can only see their grille?

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
How about the woman with 3 kids in her H2 when she figured she could jump a curb on a college campus at 2am and wound up totalling her car?

How about the consistency of SUV's who get so close to me on the highway that I can only see their grille?

That woman tried to go over a 3 ft drop at 60mph... And she MAY have been high at the time.

SUV's tail me...I flick em off. My windows are dark enough that they just back off. Don't know what's in the car...

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Pete, if they knew you sat on a phone book to see over the dashboard they probably wouldn't be so afraid!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Davo:
Pete, if they knew you sat on a phone book to see over the dashboard they probably wouldn't be so afraid!

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

That woman was an idiot.

Quote:

She obviously has mental problems. I bet if she was driving a Geo Metro she would have done the same thing.

Quote:

Here's a clue, get out of the left lane.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B

My question was, what specific evidence do we see here that this is a 'SUV superiority syndrome'?

An isolated incident here and there that happens to make a sensational news story with "SUV" in the headline isn't sufficient evidence to automatically presume this woman's state of mind.

Your personal experience with being tailgated by SUV's is only as valid as mine, where I find that the overwhelming majority of agressive drivers I encounter are behind the wheels of everyday sedans and sport coupes. To me, the occasionally rude and dangerous agressive SUV driver is more noticeable because he's bigger -- but he is by no means typical of most SUV drivers that I come across.

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Why is every post turned into an irrelevant flame war?

Joel Falkenberg
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard