Next Thread
Print Thread
#1108775 11/18/04 12:24 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
As some of you might already know my luck isn't all that great.
In the past month I had someone total out my 94 grand am while it was parked outside my girls house knocking it 60-70 feet from where it was originaly was parked with the e-brake on, and about 2 weeks later the piston rings are going on my mystique.
The Stique got demoted from the blue bomb to the blue smoke bomb. The car smokes so bad if I were to drive it across a parking lot I'd fill it up with smoke. Another words I have a really big noisey smoke machine. I however plan on parking the stique at my house tell income taxes come by can replace the motor.

In the mean time I scored this sweet little 1985 vw jetta for 500 big ones. The car runs great and in over all great condition for a 19 year old car. I just need help trouble shooting a few issuses with it and some parts. Can anyone point me to a forum that knows about this car or anyone here can help me out a little?

97 Mystquie GS - I4 ATX died at 168K 94 Pontiac Crap AM SE - 2.3L I4 5spd 2002 Mazda Protege5 - 2.0L ATX
#1108776 11/20/04 05:33 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I would think you could find some through a search engine pretty easily. Try google or yahoo.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
#1108777 11/20/04 07:32 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I did find a few sites but so far I havnt received a reply that is of any help unlike the ones i get on this site for my tour when it was running.

So far I have changed the oil/filter, fuel filter, plugs, plug wires, air filter, cleaned off the distributer cap and rotor (This is next in line to be replaced), ran injector cleaner, and tranny fluid flush, and lubed up joints.
However the car hesitates real bad when i first take off when i start it up for the day. Not to mention I have to figure out why the oiil light is coming on and buzzing at me. And figure out how to get the odometer to work again.

I did notice that I did have a small crack in one of my vaccum hoses which will be replaced next pay day. But for a car thats 19 years old it runs damn good and in pretty good shape over all.

Anyone have any ideas? Its a 1985 VW Jetta Gl 4-banger with 8 Valves atx in case that might help anyone.

Could it be a bad 02 sencer? I havn't repalced those yet nor have I had the fuel system cleaned out.

97 Mystquie GS - I4 ATX died at 168K 94 Pontiac Crap AM SE - 2.3L I4 5spd 2002 Mazda Protege5 - 2.0L ATX

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard