Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I wanna know if police, particularly in QC have a device to catch your speed while they follow you. Kind of a radar in motion.

I need to know what HTA means and what is or who is points.

Thanks

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Nic_ContourSE99:
who is points.

Thanks

Nic.

The only answer I have for you is points is a parralegal service, like x-copper.
It's like having a lawyer only the people that work there are mostly ex-police officers.
You pay and they help you fight the charge. Most of the time they talk to the
charging officer not to show up in court.
No charges can be laid if the officer that charged you isn't there.
Atleast that's what happened in my case.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yes, the qpp or whatever they are called, will have devices which can determine another vechicles speed while in motion. That's part of where the calibration of a device comes into play.
HTA = Highway Traffic Act. Quebec will have it's own variant.
Points is a paralegal specializing in traffic violations.

And here's a a cpl of FYI's.

http://www.fighting-speeding-tickets.net/how-to-beat-a-speeding-ticket.html (mostly marketing)
http://www.canlii.org/qc/laws/sta/c-24.2/20040901/whole.html (actual quebec law)

Have fun!

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
When they follow you they use their speedo as a reference usually. If you got a ticket look at it very carefully because if any of the information is wrong on teh ticket you can get it throw out of court.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
chongo:
who is points.

Thanks

Nic.

You pay and they help you fight the charge. Most of the time they talk to the
charging officer not to show up in court.

To you know how much they charge. And if i loose in court with them, will i have to pay the court charges and pay them too?
I,ll check that guys, thanks.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Like I stated in the other thread.
Some charge a flat rate $250 other charge an initial fee then a court date fee.
You need to call around and find out what each charges.

If you lose you pay them and the ticket!
You may lose, but they should get it dropped to a lot less.
If you fight a traffic ticket there aren't any court charges,
atleast here you don't pay to goto court.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I can't say for sure if they have a device, but this is what happened to me.
I was on my way to Ottawa driving from Toronto on highway 7. After it got dark I stepped on it a bit, but no more than 110. At some point driving on a straight line I saw a car coming on the other side of the road. Can't really tell if it's a cruiser or not if they don't have some light coming from behind...
Anyway when he was about 100 meters out when he turns on the lightshow. I dropped below 90 mighty fast and he just kept going his way.
So what do you think? I think they do.

98.5 SE,V6,MTX 205.000km
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I got busted while the cop was moving. He was coming the other way though.
I think it would be pretty easy to do it while moving in any direction. While following for example: his gun says 15km/h, that means you are moving 15km/h faster than him, if he's doing 80 than your doing 95. Pretty simple. Any type of gun should be able to do that.

Brian W.
--------------------
Black 1998 SE 5 speed - TOTALLED
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Yeah that's sounds logic but i think it's less accurate using this method then the trationnal one, stay fix and firing you with his gun. Cuz he his moving too, eve if the radar have a good calibration the cops is speeding too, so that way it becomes less precise.

Nic.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I wanna know if police, particularly in QC have a device to catch your speed while they follow you. Kind of a radar in motion.

Most (all?) vehicle mounted police radar units have a 'moving mode', but only the most recent ones can track vehicles moving in the same direction as the patrol car.

See:
Living with Police radar

Stalker Direction Sensing Police Radar

Introduction to Radar - USA

Points are what you loose when they tag you with Radar

Cheers,
--
Terry McG

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard