Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Antonio Wright Due to my possible engine failure.. - 07/31/02 08:01 PM
I will not be able to afford a new engine and I am not putting a 3.0 in to this POS. Ford is tearing down the engine just for them to find the problem and that cost me over $300. They still have not found it... So I will be parting out the car please check classifieds or IM me with what you want and i'll give you a price. It is a very bad time for me right now. frown

-Antonio
Posted By: Slim Shady Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 07/31/02 08:10 PM
WOW sorry to hear about it bro, I guess it was all downhill from SZ. frown

Well since you have one of the sweetest cars on CEG with the sweetest parts i'm sure you won't have any problem selling them since it was never beaten on.

Good luck with whatever may follow. I wish the best of luck for you smile
Posted By: Dweezel Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 07/31/02 08:41 PM
Antonio

If you want to chat or anything, I am coming home tonight and will be around through the weekend. Give me an IM or something (do not want to post my cell on here).
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 07/31/02 10:41 PM
Simply devastating...I was hoping it would not be a dead/dying motor. You have my deepest sympathies man.
frown frown
Posted By: Bicycle019 Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 07/31/02 11:34 PM
Blowing a motor is just one of the "fun" parts of owning a Contour... :rolleyes: Been there, fixed that, payed to much.

Sorry to hear about it Antonio. So after you sell your aftermarket stuff what are you going to do w/the car? Sell it w/a blown motor?
Posted By: miesk5 Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 07/31/02 11:57 PM
Antonio,
Real sorry to hear this. Be well dude!
ask them to check the wrist pins...
thats what went on my motor
and it took SVT engineers a week to figure it out

good luck
Posted By: Pete D Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 06:11 AM
Sorry to hear that, you know how many times people saw pics of your cars and nearly lost it in their pants.

Any ideas on what you are going to replace it with? I would imagine something other than a ford (I don't blame you).

I hope you at least hang around here for awhile.

-Pete
Posted By: Y2KMondeoSVT Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 11:23 AM
A dead motor ... that really sucks frown eek !! Sorry to hear it , Antonio .
One of the sweetest-looking cars on the CEG just became one of the sweetest-looking PROJECT cars on the CEG frown ! I hope it all works out for you ...
Posted By: javaContour Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 11:25 AM
Sell the mods to buy a "new" engine, then get rid of the car.

The car will probably be worth more with a running engine.

I know you've been unhappy with the results of your efforts to unload the 'Tour and this must really hit hard right now. However, many have said the mods are worth more off the car and probably only reduce the value of the car.

Just a little unsoliticed advice wink

I wish you well brother.

TB
Posted By: LoCo Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 11:56 AM
Sorry to hear about it. Good luck.
Posted By: GR8SVT Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 12:46 PM
Antonio - Sorry to hear about it.....

You've got my AIM in case you need to talk.....

Good luck....and hopefully it isn't a blown motor.
Posted By: DavidD Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 01:39 PM
Very sorry to hear about the loss. I was trying to show my WRX bud a pic of your car. Can you point me in that direction?
Posted By: TheGSRGuy Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear it man, you had a pretty sweet ride.
Got word back from the dealership that the engine is not blown. The lifters were worn and they are replacing them.

-Antonio
Posted By: ProudSVT Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:
Got word back from the dealership that the engine is not blown. The lifters were worn and they are replacing them.

-Antonio
Glad to hear it was not as bad as you thought. How much will it run you?
Quote:
Originally posted by ProudSVT:
Quote:
[b]Got word back from the dealership that the engine is not blown. The lifters were worn and they are replacing them.

-Antonio
Glad to hear it was not as bad as you thought. How much will it run you?[/b]
$705 and that includes the fee for the teardown. So all in all it was not that bad. Thank you to everyone for thier support.

-Antonio
Posted By: 98 SE Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/01/02 07:47 PM
Quote:
So all in all it was not that bad. Thank you to everyone for thier support.
Does this mean you can keep the car? (Do you want to keep the car?)
Quote:
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Quote:
[b]So all in all it was not that bad. Thank you to everyone for thier support.
Does this mean you can keep the car? (Do you want to keep the car?)[/b]
No I am not keeping the car, but now I dont have to be forced to part it out.

-Antonio
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/02/02 02:42 AM
great news antonio!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Pete D Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/02/02 02:57 AM
So you're replacing it with the toyota pickup :p
Guys, the car is on Ebay frown frown frown Tears in my eyes :-(
Posted By: LoCo Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/02/02 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by XTREMECONTOUR:
Guys, the car is on Ebay frown frown frown Tears in my eyes :-(
NOT ANOTHER ONE! frown Antonio good luck with your new car.
Posted By: Sandman333 Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/02/02 10:29 PM
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Got word back from the dealership that the engine is not blown. The lifters were worn and they are replacing them.

-Antonio
$705 and that includes the fee for the teardown. So all in all it was not that bad. Thank you to everyone for thier support.

-Antonio[/b]
Lifters worn? Wow, how many miles do you have on it? I wouldn't think the lifters (or roller finger followers, I think that's what they are called on this engine) would be one of the first things to wear out.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

-Antonio

-Antonio[/b]
Lifters worn? Wow, how many miles do you have on it? I wouldn't think the lifters (or roller finger followers, I think that's what they are called on this engine) would be one of the first things to wear out.
64,xxx.

-Antonio
Posted By: Sandman333 Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/03/02 01:50 AM
Not saying that you didn't take care of it, but that is way too early for them to be shot. Factory defect?
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Not saying that you didn't take care of it, but that is way too early for them to be shot. Factory defect?
The dealership said it was due to a defect. Either way I still have to pay for it.

-Antonio
Posted By: Pollo_loco69 Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/03/02 02:00 AM
Why not replace them yourself? They aren't that hard to get to. We (Horse and I) replaced them in his car in about 2-2 1/2 hours.
Posted By: Horse Re: Due to my possible engine failure.. - 08/03/02 02:15 AM
Quote:
HA RIIIIIIIGHT
thats what the dealers main service writer said about mine too- well turns out that after colter and I changed 12 of the 24 and 8 rocker arms - it was a roasted rod bearing costing me a motor- im still out the motor and the dealership refueses to help me so now im screwed too- Antonio- unload the car ASAP so it doesnt die on you like it did on me-

on a side note anyone of legal expertise please PM me about a way to get either FoMoCo or my local dealer to pay - because they misdiagnosed the problem and my motor is now an expensive hunk of trash!
Quote:
Originally posted by Horse:
Quote:
HA RIIIIIIIGHT
thats what the dealers main service writer said about mine too- well turns out that after colter and I changed 12 of the 24 and 8 rocker arms - it was a roasted rod bearing costing me a motor- im still out the motor and the dealership refueses to help me so now im screwed too- Antonio- unload the car ASAP so it doesnt die on you like it did on me-

on a side note anyone of legal expertise please PM me about a way to get either FoMoCo or my local dealer to pay - because they misdiagnosed the problem and my motor is now an expensive hunk of trash![/b]
Well in defense of the dealership. They tore down the block to find the problem. Plus don't you think they would look and try to find more problems so they can milk me.

-Antonio
© CEG Archives