Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Measures out to about 127" diagonal. Yeah, I know you can hit that with a projector, but it's cooler when your entire wall is a TV. Damn I hate being poor!

Toshiba video wall on ebay!
But its just 9 screens put together. Besides, I don't have a place to put it.
Just? FYI, each of the nine screens can display an independent video feed, as well as being able to display a composite across all nine screens. This is the sort of display they have up in every Best Buy. For the cost of a 50" plasma, you can get something over 4 times as big. Imagine playing Halo 2 on this puppy!
I'd hit it.
i'd hit it while watching myself hit it on the tv/wall
Its a cool idea but I always hate how the seams are usually very visible and stick out like a sore thumb when watching it. It has always kind of ruined the viewing experience for me.

I'd much rather watch a projector "movie theatre" style picture.
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Its a cool idea but I always hate how the seams are usually very visible and stick out like a sore thumb when watching it. It has always kind of ruined the viewing experience for me.

I'd much rather watch a projector "movie theatre" style picture.

Ditto
guys, that's 3' x 3'. Translates to a 50" TV. Not a big deal.
i think thats what best buy used back in the day

what an ugly tv
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

um, WHAT!?

Video Wall: 100 wide x 79 high x 44 deep

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

100^2 + 79^2 = c^2

c^2 = 16241

c = 127.44" TV

~Andrew
I'm actually looking at buying a 56" JVC HD-ILA right now. $1899 with stand. I must've looked at 50 TV's this weekend with my wife - she's sick of looking at them and said just buy something already! LOL
Originally posted by Stazi:
I'm actually looking at buying a 56" JVC HD-ILA right now. $1899 with stand. I must've looked at 50 TV's this weekend with my wife - she's sick of looking at them and said just buy something already! LOL

just finished installing the 61" version of that model in a customer's pool room. fantastic television

~Andrew
stazi, look into Samsung DLP's, we have a 50" and its absoloutly amazing! DLP+HD FTW!!!
Looks at Samsung and have seen some bad reviews about their bulbs.

Andrew I looked at the 61" and it's sweet, but way too big for my living room, I'd have to sit outside and look through the windows to get full view of it. The 56" will be a monster in my house.

I'm Looking at the HD56GC87 in particular. Can you tell me your thoughts on it. So far I have read mot good reviews on it. I'm looking at getting one from Costco.
You're right. I read 3'x3' in the auction title and didn't go into the body of the auction text.

Originally posted by Stazi:
I'm Looking at the HD56GC87 in particular. Can you tell me your thoughts on it. So far I have read mot good reviews on it. I'm looking at getting one from Costco.

the HD56GC87 is actually what we use for our rental TV's here. it is rather heavy compared to a lot of the other TV's we see in and out of here, but it is again and fantastic model.

~Andrew
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Not 3' x 3', it's 3 PANEL by 3 PANEL.
barf! its not even 16:9. I need widescreen man! widescreen! I just dont see ol 4:3's in the same way anymore
Even when that 'ole 4:3' is taller than you are? I'm sure the processors will display in 16:9. My guess is it would use just two banks of screens instead of all three.
© CEG Archives