Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 111R professional pix of norton - 07/09/06 11:46 PM
someone in my building wanted to take pictures of norton. and here are a few of them which i think came out great! pix were taken about a month and a half ago, so norton was about 14 months old. he was about 17 lbs at the time these were taken, probably put on another 1/4-1/2 pound since then. after i saw how beautiful the pix were i told karen, the photorgrapher, that norton should go on a greeting card! maybe i have a new found carrer in being a animal agent!

please visit www.artistrymag.com to view her site and see other beautiful paintings and photographs.

thanks! -a

and my ugly mug

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: professional pix of norton - 07/09/06 11:57 PM
Nice! I dig it when you post pix of Norton. Be sure to keep posting pics as he grows. I want to see how big he gets!
Posted By: 111R Re: professional pix of norton - 07/09/06 11:59 PM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
I want to see how big he gets!

me too!

and thanks
Posted By: TJSwoboda Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 12:14 AM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
I want to see how big he gets!

That's what she said.

Awww. Nice [censored]... Cat.

--T.J.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 12:16 AM
youre cat's awesome, but that photographer is not. the lighting in those pics is terrible she shouldnt have left the leash and harness on (unless absolutely necessary) and she took a pic of the cat with you in the window's reflection

anyways.....did you PIIHB?
Posted By: 111R Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 12:23 AM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
youre cat's awesome, but that photographer is not. the lighting in those pics is terrible she shouldnt have left the leash and harness on (unless absolutely necessary) and she took a pic of the cat with you in the window's reflection

karen specifically wanted to take pictures in dusk to purposly get the shaddow effect. granted, in one pic you see me in the reflection which is unavoidable. she wanted the reflection because if you had looked at her site, she does tutorials/information on how to paint and needed norton for a section on how to paint fur. so i guess when painting this method is prefered when taking this type of photograph.

and also, she wanted to take norton's harness off and i refused.

wth is PIIHB?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 12:49 AM
Awesome pics and love the cat man....

wth is PIIHB?

You have a Pm lol......
Posted By: RyeLou Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 01:02 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Awesome pics and love the cat man....

wth is PIIHB?

You have a Pm lol......

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 01:11 AM
what the heck kind of cat is that
Posted By: RobertD Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 01:13 AM
Norton is an awesome looking cat. What kind of cat is he. He is going to be huge. I have 2 cats that are about 3 years old and are about 19 to 20 lbs and they are huge but don't have the beautiful markings like yours.

Congrats on a awesome cat.
Posted By: 111R Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 01:17 AM
thanks RobertD!

norton is a F2 savannah cat (25% wild serval)

norton was predicted at a young age to grow to 30-35 lbs

-a
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 01:19 AM
Originally posted by 111R:
thanks RobertD!

um english please. Sounds like some sort of fighter jet.

Where can you pick one of those up? My g/f would love one of those.
Posted By: 111R Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 01:26 AM
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Originally posted by 111R:
thanks RobertD!

um english please. Sounds like some sort of fighter jet.

Where can you pick one of those up? My g/f would love one of those.

lol sorry for being tooooooooooo specific.

norton is a second-generation, F2, savannah cat. a savannah cat is a hybrid animal (cross between a serval and a domestic cat {generally egyptian mau or bengal}).

i got norton from one of the best breeders in the world, essentially. a master breeder is required to breed a savannah cat (cant throw a wild animal in a closet with a domestic cat and pray a savannah will pop out).

if you click HERE you can view dale and holly hummel's web site where we got norton.

-a
Posted By: svt4stv Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 02:16 AM
whoa! before you go getting your gf's heart all set on one of those things just know that they cost more than most csvts are worth!

cool if you have the money. i like how ari says he takes it for walks around the neighborhood like a dog! you STILL havent brought that damn thing around to any of our get togethers. you talk about it enough!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 02:52 AM
That is a beautiful animal. Wow!

35 pound (predicted) cat? Yikes! 35 pound cat = way more scarey than 35 pound dog.

I think, for the most part, the lighting was pretty good. I think it added a little extra sumpin to most of the pics.
Posted By: Matty K Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 04:21 AM
Ary - Nice pics!! Where's the one of him flying across the cockpit of the Lotus, though?

Steve - Stop posting confusing abbreviations! And PM me, foo!
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Derk-xB:
Yikes! 35 pound cat = way more scarey than 35 pound dog.

No sh*t! Oops to whoever pisses off this kitty.

However, I WANT ONE!!!
Posted By: 99blacksesport_dup1 Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 04:55 AM
I have a cat that almost looks like those. I adopted him for free from a bunch of pot heads. He is really mean and vicious to people he doesnt know, and even me if he's pissed about something. But he's grey, about 15 lbs, and tall/long as hell!

After my 2 cats I have now, I would never own another cat, but boy are those cats cool!
Posted By: TGO Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 05:22 AM
that's a cool cat...but seriously, what's keeping him from climbing out of your yard and getting away?
Posted By: Apu Nahasapeemapetil Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 05:41 AM
Shock Collar?
Posted By: 111R Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 06:06 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
that's a cool cat...but seriously, what's keeping him from climbing out of your yard and getting away?

well, nothing. that is if i had a yard, which i dont.

servals have been known to jump 10-15 feet in the air and catch birds out of the air. with that said, norton can jump really high.

norton is walked daily, sometimes twice a day by me. on a leash with a harness.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 07:20 AM
Quote:

Boy dont be [censored]-whipped! Whip that [censored]!

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: professional pix of norton - 07/10/06 12:01 PM
aww I want to pet the kittah!
<3
© CEG Archives