Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 04marauder 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 06:06 PM
Any interest this year? Thought I'd have seen this thread started by now. Can anyone beat the Pistons? I'm hoping the Bulls can make some noise. We'll see if they can steal one in Miami. Go Bulls. Who's favored to come out of the west?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 04marauder:
Can anyone beat the Pistons?

No.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:

No.

Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 06:22 PM

No.

Deeeeeetroit Baaaaaassssssket Baaaaaaaallllllll!

BuBuBuBillups for league MVP!
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 06:35 PM
Ever since the Pistons lost game 7 last year in San Antonio they have been on a mission to get that "Ship" (Championship) as Rasheed would say.

Billups winning the MVP would be nice, but the Pistons are all about winning titles. With their drive and determination to bring the title back to Detroit I don't feel that any team can beat them in a 7 game series, especially with us having home court advantage.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 07:54 PM
Originally posted by SQLSVT:

but the Pistons are all about winning titles.

Usually the point.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/21/06 10:22 PM
If the Bulls beat Miami....end up playing the Pistons in the ECP....they will lose.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/28/06 04:00 PM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
If the Bulls beat Miami....end up playing the Pistons in the ECP....they will lose.

Come on show some love for the home team.
Bulls can even up with Miami and then...anything can happen. Yeah the Pistons do look great, but hey, you never know. They still have to play. Isn't Hamilton injured right now?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/28/06 04:17 PM
NO

I remeber last year when you said the bulls where gonna beat the pistons.

What a joke that was.

Even without Rip the pistons will OWN the bulls!
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/28/06 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:
NO

I remeber last year when you said the bulls where gonna beat the pistons.

What a joke that was.

Even without Rip the pistons will OWN the bulls!

I still say last year they had a legit chance of beating Detroit. Bulls were arguably better last year than this and they played decent games against Detroit. Forget last year though. Right now I just want the Bulls to beat Miami on Sunday and then see what happens.

AND NEXT YEAR, look for the Bulls to get MUCH better. Thanks NY Knicks.
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 04/28/06 06:13 PM
Rip has a mild ankle sprain...It's nothing too serious but I hope that it isn't going to be a lingering issue for him throughout the playoffs. Good news is that the Finals aren't for a month, so hopefully his ankle should be fully healed by then.

As far as the Bulls, they are a good team that plays solid defense but they are nowhere near being able to beat the Pistons in a 7 game series.

Pistons >>> Rest of the NBA (except Spurs and maybe Mavs)
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/16/06 12:14 PM
Wow. Cavs and Pistons all tied up.

Would never have guessed this would be a close series. I figured Miami would have given the Pistons some good competition but this is could be the biggest upset in the making ever.

And what a [censored] Rasheed Wallace is. I wonder if any of his boys have told him to STFU yet. That guy's got no class.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/16/06 01:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

UPSET??? your [censored] kidding right? remember when the pistons w3ent 7 games vs the pacers then [censored] curb stomped the Lakers in the finals?

and SHeed is the [censored]! hows your amazing bulls doing?
Posted By: jtour Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/16/06 02:04 PM
I hope the cavs beat out the Pistons that would be a great upset. It would also raise King James to another level. Watch out for the Mavs.

Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/16/06 02:15 PM

and SHeed is a [censored]!

fixed.

Come on. Don't act like the Pistons can't get upset.
They just lost two in a row. And the last loss was supposed to be a gauranteed win.

And Sheed really shows a lack of professionalism that you would think he would have as a veteran and a champion. You look at Lebron and he shows a ton of class for a young guy by not falling into the trash talk game with Sheed.

PS. next year the Bulls will be awesome.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/16/06 02:17 PM
you said last year the bulls would be awesome
Posted By: PacificTourG Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/16/06 02:22 PM
I'm going for the Mavs. It was a close game last night with the Spurs.
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/17/06 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Trapps:

No.

didnt that weeee little nash fellow win it already!???
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/17/06 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Trapps:

No.

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/17/06 03:53 PM
Don't act like the Pistons can't get upset.
They just lost two in a row. And the last loss was supposed to be a gauranteed win.

Ya but an upset for detroit is loosing two games. Upset for everyone else is loosing the whole series. Difference: detoit still wins
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/17/06 04:14 PM
Maybe you're right. Nobody was giving the Cavs a chance to do anything. Especially after being down 2-0 everyone had their brooms ready. So to come back and tie it up is already somewhat of an upset.

I geuss people were wrong about Cleveland though. Funny how that happens. When a team like the Cavs is supposed to lose but they don't. The Pistons actually look human now. I'm sure they'll come out smoking but the pressure has to be on them.

It should be a great game to watch no matter what.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/17/06 07:37 PM
I still think it's halarious how the pistons are shooting like, 30% int he last two games, and the final scores are as close as they are...

once they start hitting their shots, like the REAL pistons, the cavs dont stand a chance
Posted By: elraido Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 05:41 AM
Now that the Pistons are down in a 3-2 hole, still think they can do it? Don't think so. And there is no way a team from the East is going to beat a western team in the finals.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 12:14 PM
Originally posted by todras:

No.

uh oh.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 12:16 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

UPSET??? your [censored] kidding right?

[/crickets churping] you still think I was kidding? [/crickets]

Here, let me guess what everyone is going to say.

"Man that was BS. Those refs SUCKED."

Oh wait it's too late, that's all people are saying in other threads. What a joke. Unless you count the missed foul on B. Wallace on Lebron at the end of the game. After his second excuse for a free throw bricked and bounced out Wallace goes for it and puts Lebron on his back. But hey I wouldn't expect anyone to catch that one.

Another good crock of [censored] I heard right after the game was from Barkley. He said that weak shot by Prince that got REJECTED all the way to Cleveland was "real close to being goaltending." LMFAO.

And WTF was up with McDeyess after the game? He looked like the series was over. Somebody send him and "Sheed" a copy of the memo, game six in Cleveland.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 01:27 PM
I was at the game! when Mr. big shot fouled out the Palace got quite!
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 01:33 PM

Another good crock of [censored] I heard right after the game was from Barkley. He said that weak shot by Prince that got REJECTED all the way to Cleveland was "real close to being goaltending." LMFAO.

Actually, it was VERY close to being a goaltend. I've seen similar shots get whistled for it and I've seen much worse no-calls.

How are those Bulls doing after that steaming s**t in the first round?? Bet they'd have beat Detroit no problem, huh?
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 01:34 PM
I was at the game!

so, its all YOUR fault!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 01:41 PM
I was at Round 2 game 2 and they won that game! sooo SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 02:11 PM
Detroit plays best when the odds are against them and their backs are against the wall. They will beat the Cavs and go on to win the championship. One can't help but question the coaching at this point. Larry Brown would never have let this happen!
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 00SVT:

Actually, it was VERY close to being a goaltend. I've seen similar shots get whistled for it and I've seen much worse no-calls.

How are those Bulls doing after that steaming s**t in the first round?? Bet they'd have beat Detroit no problem, huh?

Ok I think we all know I'm a Bulls fan. Let it go.

But since you asked. They're doing great. They lost to the eventual 2006 Eastern Conference Champs. And they didn't blame the refs for it like a bunch of [censored]. They realize they lost because they don't have a center and yet were still able to give Miami all kinds of problems.

And they feel pretty good going in to the offseason with the playoff experience they got, a load of salary cap room, a lottery pick - maybe no 1 overall, plus their own first round pick - no 16 overall.

But back to the topic. I know the Pistons are a dam good team. And they could still win this series. But I sure as hell hope they get the s**t beat out of them again in Cleveland. Just for the simple reason that certain players on their team now and in the past lack any kind of class.

Somebody mentioned the Thomas and Laimbeer actions a while back against the Bulls in the playoffs. And nowadays you got this clown making gaurantees and then choking. Its beautiful to watch. Try having some class. Be a good winner and a good loser. Wallace was laughing at the Bulls earlier this season during a blowout. Thats the kind of thing that makes people not like the Pistons.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 02:24 PM
The NBA is still around? Where are the Michael Jordan's? Magic Johnson's? Kareem?

Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 02:40 PM
Somebody mentioned the Thomas and Laimbeer actions a while back against the Bulls in the playoffs. And nowadays you got this clown making gaurantees and then choking. Its beautiful to watch. Try having some class. Be a good winner and a good loser.

Why can't people let s**t go that happened 15+ years ago?? People in Chicago still crying about that. Guess what? I was at that game 4 when the Bulls completed the sweep. I thought it was a crappy move on Isiah's and Laimbeer's part. You're not alone. But to continue to cry about it is lame. "Lack any kind of class..." get over yourself. Go ask Dwyane Wade or Josh Childress how much of a clean, gentleman player Nocioni is.

Bottom line is this: The Pistons are playing like crap right now. Cleveland is doing what they need to do to win. Saunders is getting outcoached. They've dug holes for themselves like the the past 2 years (in '04 against NJ and last year against the Heat) and managed to advance. We'll see what happens.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 03:29 PM
as a cavs fan I would like to say we are up 3-2 and detroit now has to come play at the Q in front of a ravenous crowd. sure detroit can pull it off.. but honestly i dont think they will.. cleveland moves on to the finals
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Larry Brown would never have let this happen!

lol.

I can't believe that the cavs are up 3-2 on the Pistons. I thought they would win one game max, and after game 1 of the series I thought it would be a sweep for sure. I still don't see the cavs winning the series, but nothing would suprise me anymore...
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 04:00 PM
Somebody mentioned the Thomas and Laimbeer actions a while back against the Bulls in the playoffs. And nowadays you got this clown making gaurantees and then choking. Its beautiful to watch. Try having some class. Be a good winner and a good loser.

Why can't people let s**t go that happened 15+ years ago?? People in Chicago still crying about that. Guess what? I was at that game 4 when the Bulls completed the sweep. I thought it was a crappy move on Isiah's and Laimbeer's part. You're not alone. But to continue to cry about it is lame. "Lack any kind of class..." get over yourself. Go ask Dwyane Wade or Josh Childress how much of a clean, gentleman player Nocioni is.

No no. That incident was first brought up by someone else in another thread. I was just kind of responding to it here. I woouldn't just throw that out there out of the blue because that would be lame. But I was reminded of it. And I think its relevant to my point. Hey, Nocioni is . Haven't heard him make any gaurantees or talking trash. Just plays hard.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 04:17 PM
I don't know about all of Sheed's trashtalking, but with the exception of his last guarantee, haven't the Pistons won every other game he guaranteed in the past? If I'm right in my memory, it seems to be a good way to fire up the rest of the Pistons (again, with the exception of game 4). In any case, I'm pretty sure I'd hate Sheed's guts if he were on any other team .

As for the Pistons in game 6, I have a feeling they are going to have a tough time winning, but if they do, I think they'll take game 7, too.
Posted By: nofx198e5 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 05/18/06 04:41 PM

Ok I think we all know I'm a Bulls fan. Let it go.

But since you asked. They're doing great. They lost to the eventual 2006 Eastern Conference Champs. And they didn't blame the refs for it like a bunch of [censored]. They realize they lost because they don't have a center and yet were still able to give Miami all kinds of problems.

And they feel pretty good going in to the offseason with the playoff experience they got, a load of salary cap room, a lottery pick - maybe no 1 overall, plus their own first round pick - no 16 overall.

But back to the topic. I know the Pistons are a dam good team. And they could still win this series. But I sure as hell hope they get the s**t beat out of them again in Cleveland. Just for the simple reason that certain players on their team now and in the past lack any kind of class.

Somebody mentioned the Thomas and Laimbeer actions a while back against the Bulls in the playoffs. And nowadays you got this clown making gaurantees and then choking. Its beautiful to watch. Try having some class. Be a good winner and a good loser. Wallace was laughing at the Bulls earlier this season during a blowout. Thats the kind of thing that makes people not like the Pistons.

"And they didn't blame the refs for it like a bunch of [censored]. "

Are you sure? Most teams that lose (and their fans) like to blame the refs. Whether they come out and say it is one thing, but I guaruntee they complained about them. Obviously the fans do. You know what Boo-ing is right?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/01/06 03:10 AM
YO incase you missed it!

Posted By: Airforce Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/01/06 05:06 AM
FOUL. His finger is touching Shaq's!
Posted By: snakous Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/01/06 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Airforce:
FOUL. His finger is touching Shaq's!

Last I checked, the rule book constitutes the fingers as part of the ball.
Posted By: Harrry Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/01/06 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
as a cavs fan I would like to say we are up 3-2 and detroit now has to come play at the Q in front of a ravenous crowd. sure detroit can pull it off.. but honestly i dont think they will.. cleveland moves on to the finals

I still laugh when i read this.

cavs got OWNED!!
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/02/06 10:55 PM
I think it's time I brought this picture back from last year:
Posted By: snakous Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/03/06 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVT:
I think it's time I brought this picture back from last year

And that is why I cannot stand Shaq. Anyone with his mass could dominate the way he does. It doesn't take a lot of skill to do what he does. I would have a little more respect for him if he did more than make 2-6 foot baskets. If he could even make a few jumpshots now and then I would consider him a "great" of the game. He is a HOFer but for pretty crappy reasons IMO.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/03/06 03:30 AM
Originally posted by snakous:

And that is why I cannot stand Shaq. Anyone with his mass could dominate the way he does. It doesn't take a lot of skill to do what he does. I would have a little more respect for him if he did more than make 2-6 foot baskets. If he could even make a few jumpshots now and then I would consider him a "great" of the game. He is a HOFer but for pretty crappy reasons IMO.

He's dominant, just like Chamberlain was in his hay day. Why would he need to take 2-6 footers when he can't be stopped going to the basket? Hell, that's like saying that you would respect a jumpshooting point guard more if they took it to the hole and dunked on the big men all the time. Play to your strengths and be the best at it IMO.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/05/06 09:18 PM
Originally posted by snakous:

Stanley Roberts couldn't.
Posted By: 04marauder Re: 06 NBA Playoffs - 06/05/06 10:47 PM
YO incase you missed it!

Hey, this probably has to be the single best moment of the whole playoffs so far. If they would have played this kind of D the whole series they would have won it.

Oh well, have you Piston fans come in off the ledge yet ? Come back and watch the Finals. I'm thinking it should be a good competitive one to watch. Don't know who I'd pick to take it though. Of course my pick to win anything is usually the kiss of death for that team.
© CEG Archives