Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DESIGN Actually speak to a person - 03/21/06 03:59 PM
I was told about this today. The list shows you how to bypass the automated telephone systems of lots of companies and get directly to a person.

speak to real people

Pretty big list and I hope it's useful.

Jon
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/21/06 04:12 PM
nice find!
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/21/06 04:21 PM
Thats his new site, it was origionally on his blog.

I read an article in the newspaper this morning about it. Some of the companies on that list have changed what yuo need to do. Dell is one of those companies. They have like 16 people trying to keep it updated. Good find.
Posted By: TGO Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/21/06 04:47 PM
hitting 0 usually works for a majority of cmopanies...as is seen on that list.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/21/06 04:50 PM
Been doing that stuff for years, but never made a list...

There was also a big story about it in our local TV news a few weeks ago. I didn't post it because it is generally not Contour related...
Posted By: jtour Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/23/06 04:19 PM
Very helpful. Gosh I hate waiting for a real person to pick up.

Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/23/06 04:22 PM
The easiest way to get through to a person is holding on the line and DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS FROM THE START, after you dial the original number of course. The system will assume you are on a rotary phone & transfer you accordingly. Works for me every time.
Posted By: jtour Re: Actually speak to a person - 03/23/06 04:25 PM
Originally posted by SVZETEC:
The easiest way to get through to a person is holding on the line and DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS FROM THE START, after you dial the original number of course. The system will assume you are on a rotary phone & transfer you accordingly. Works for me every time.

Nice I will have to try that.
© CEG Archives