Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Static Got a new job today - 03/10/06 01:31 AM
So yea I got a new job today and I think I am going to turn this in as my resignation letter. I saw it on CEG about a year or two ago and did a search so I am going to leave it on my Boss's desk soon.

Dear person,
After an appropriate period of deliberation, I have come to the decision to tender my resignation from company , effective date. Please know that I still maintain a high level of respect for company and my colleagues, and I thank you sincerely for the experience that I have gained. I have been proud to work for company for over the past timeframe; it has been a journey that has provided me an unparalleled foundation to move forward to new and exciting opportunities.

As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure. Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that company provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.

Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.

Sincerely,
your name

P.S. Have a sense of humor......And by the way, there is a position for a Cabin Boy open.
Posted By: Bike2112 Re: Got a new job today - 03/10/06 02:30 AM
No offense, but that is kind of....well...STUPID.

Sorry
Posted By: Tourige Re: Got a new job today - 03/10/06 02:45 AM
why dont you be not such a women and just tell him you found a better job... yeesh people think buisness is about feelings and crap..
Posted By: Static Re: Got a new job today - 03/10/06 02:53 AM
I just thought it was funny as hell.
Posted By: SQLSVT Re: Got a new job today - 03/10/06 03:05 AM
I thought that was pretty funny too. But, I would seriously only do that if I already joked around on that same level with my boss.
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: Got a new job today - 03/11/06 12:51 AM
id only do that if I didnt care if i burned any bridges or not. Apparently the job your leaving isnt a good one?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Got a new job today - 03/11/06 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
I thought that was pretty funny too. But, I would seriously only do that if I already joked around on that same level with my boss.

That's definitely the kind of letter I could give to my boss. Of course, at this point he might actually get pissed that I'd be quitting
© CEG Archives