Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: liquidX All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 12:10 AM
There is obviously a desperate attempt to find POWDERCOATJOSH, mainly due to his dissapearance from the forums and mainly everywhere. According to some dissapointed customers, he has about $1500 in parts that are still pending to be delivered (some which are passed due promise fullfilment dates by 3 and 4 months) reported, and probably thousands of dollars in parts that belong to other customers that have not yet posted about this here.

The following posts are from the powdercoatingworld forums from desperate customers that need help finding this guy. I thought that I would copy the distress signal onto this site for if anyone else can help they can contact these customers...

Here they are...

Originally posted by nvmycat:
I'm currently going insane with fustration - I've been without parts that were sent to Greg/Josh since May!

Powdercoating World had my MAF/TB and full set of Valve Covers for almost 5 months now. I'm currently out all my parts and almost 300.00 PLUS I have a 3L project on hold because I need those parts for the build.

Every email I have sent has gone ignored - every PM that I have sent on CEG either says "so sorry they will go out Monday" or again goes ignored. Any phonecall goes directly to an answering machine which never states who its for.

WHO CAN I CONTACT TO GET MY PARTS DONE AND SENT BACK? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Christina Conter

Originally posted by liquidX:
Join the gang of desperate customers. Me and Sam have both been trying to get a hold of this guy for months at a time sometimes. Voicemails, text messages, PMs, posts, calls... nothing seems to work. I know... it's not easy. I sold both my stock bumpers to him and need my stock foglamp brackets and Sam needs actual money from a good faith fractional payment for his parted out SVT's tranny. Ridiculous at this point. Me and Sam are planning to get a hold of him via other ways at the moment. I will let you know if we get through.

XL

Originally posted by Pyro81:
I'm in the same situation. I sent a spare set of valve covers i had, my svt UIM and throttlebody, that section of intake that the iac hose attaches to, and my MAF and MAF adapter last June. My order totaled over $400.

At first communication wasn't bad. But then i was told that his oven took a [censored] on him and he had to build a new one. Since then i've barely gotten a reply from him. All of my emails have been ignored. And almost all my PM's to him on the CEG forums have gone unanswered as well. But then i finally got a PM from him on there on the 8th of August:

Originally posted by powdercoatjosh:

Re: Parts
Status is COMPLETE ---thank god !!! Will send you tracking info ASAP

Happy that he was finally done i waited for shipping info...which never came. So, i started the whole emailing/PM'ing process over again. To which he never replied to them...again. Then, i get an email on the 25th of August in which he said:

Originally posted by powdercoatjosh:

Greg@powdercoatingworld.com wrote:
OK man , I finally got all the BS out of the way and all your stuff done .....want a pic of your TB and UIM ? just for a tease

At this point i'm a bit aggravated so i email him back and said that i don't care for a pic, i just want my stuff back.
Now, here we are, a month later and STILL NO [censored] WORD FROM HIM!
Thankfully, somebody gave me his phone numbers since he doesn't list them on his site. But, like nvmycat said, all i get is a machine to which the person doesn't even identify themselves. It's just "We're not here, leave a message." Hell, for all i know i'm leaving messages at some strange dudes house. The cell number isn't any better...
I don't wish to start flaming him or to start a hate thread here. I just want my stuff finished and back in my hands. It's been almost 4 months now. I want to know what the hell is goin on. Is my stuff finished or not, and if so, what the hell is taking him so long to ship my stuff back to me.
Also, i'd like to add that at present moment my car has no MAF or IAT sensor. The MAF is with him and the IAT is just sitting out in the open. There is no place to put it as my intake consists of a stock UIM/throttlebody, then goes to the accordion tube and then strait to a cone filter. I don't want to cut the accordion just so i can put the IAT sensor back in the intake path. Where as my car is still driveable, it's just not a good idea to drive it a lot. So i only start and drive it if absolutely necessary. I absolutely need these parts back now. The body work is almost complete and i don't want to have to drive it back home without those intake pieces if i can help it. I could have it towed, i supposed. But i really don't want to see my fresh body work and paint screwed up by some hillbilly jackass that don't give a [censored].
So if you guys happen to get a hold of him. Let me know how. Because at this point i'm considering taking some vacation and flying down to pay him a visit...

If anyone else is in the same position as these folks please post your details here, and additionally post any contact details you may know regarding Josh. Josh came onto this site as a very knowledgeable and helpful member and was even a nice guy in person but has not shined when it comes to delivering what he promises and has excecuted poor business ethics. There are many unhappy customers out there still waiting 5 months and others with 3 liter projects on hold because of this.

Thanks for your cooperation...

Posted By: Woodencross Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 12:15 AM
Why hasn't somebody contacted a law enforcement agency yet? I'd say POWDERCOAT boy has pushed it far enough!!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 01:03 AM
Because at this point i'm considering taking some vacation and flying down to pay him a visit...

Lost enough faith in him already? Something's come up- you need to realize this. Josh was too damn nice to screw up and he will follow through; if not then he's letting me down on my arguement. I've been caught owing money before, and it took months to get it back to who I borrowed from. Not once did the guy question my whereabouts or ask about the cash. Either he was extremely patient or quietly frustrated.. Or he just had faith! A month is a month; you cant even use a month's spare cash to fix, say, powdercoating eqipment if it's broken. Im just throwing thoughts out here- I dont want to come off sounding negative.

I don't ship my parts out to anyone for any reason. Besides, who the hell would want my car parts? In all seriousness, parts canbe dropped and broken in freak occurrences. Etc. I could go on, but you know what im sayin.

If anyone else is in the same position as these folks please post your details here, and additionally post any contact details you may know regarding Josh.

This just doesn't sound like a good idea. Wouldnt it be best to be PMed the information, not in the public thread?

I always had good contacts with Josh. Considering recent personal events involving my friend and his un-characteristic behaviors, I wouldn't pass up the thought that Josh is held back by broken equipment or something. Businesses do not come out say they're incapable of doing work..

I hope I don't sound too negative. I just feel something's up that Josh didn't expect.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 01:20 AM
I pmed him about powdercoating my strut tower brace and never heard back from him. Lot sof you are having this problem, and it has been overa month for some of you. The longer you wait, the harder it is to track the guy. Find him now and clear things up. Worst case scenario is you would owe him an apology, but he should understand. I am sure he seemed like a nice guy, but nowadays you cant trust anybody.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
Because at this point i'm considering taking some vacation and flying down to pay him a visit...

Lost enough faith in him already?

Originally posted by Pyro81:

Wasted a few keystrokes there? I didn't type that part. But I get your main point. Regardless, the purpose of posting in an open thread is to allow exposure of this situation and provide other involved CEGers with a chance to exhaust their frustration and alert Josh that they mean business. A public thread will allow Josh to understand that he needs to communicate with these people NOW, whether good news or bad news. These guys are desperate for their parts and not just laying back and lounging with a cold Corona while their 3 liter project and daily driver are on hold for 5 months (a month is a month but 5 freaken months? Dude come on!)...

Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:02 AM
Who cares why? This is business ... bad business. Get the police involved, I'll bet that will get his attention. I remember not too long ago there was a similar situation (headlights) once the police were involved it got resolved.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:09 AM
the few times I did actually get responses to my pm's or emails they would always say that the parts are done or that all they needed was a clearcoat and then he could ship.. those responses were almost a month and a half ago..

ALSO the biggest kicker is that he was posting pictures of my orange valve covers on every board advertising for himself and yet he can't send them out? that was about 3 months ago..

I'm a very patient person.. but after 5 months I tend to get quite irritated and lose faith in anyone.. I'm sick of waiting regardless of the situation on his end - Especially when the parts are supposedly done and I've already relayed my address for shipping 5 times at his request because he keeps losing it?

ARGH!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:09 AM
Okay... anyone that has been affected, or is affected now, can Contact LiquidX, NVMYCAT (or others directly involved) via PM. Discussion of work PRACTICES can be posted here, as well as publicly posted WORK address, or contact info.

NO personal information or contact info of Josh's will be posted publicly.

There is such thing as privacy. You guys are free to distribute whatever information you obtain to those affected via PM.

Ray
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:16 AM
X wait a minute.....josh was just down to your house to buy your bumpers.....remember you calling me asking me to 2-way josh on my nextel.....you told me to tell josh to go to your house......you know where josh has been, you just saw him a week ago.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Ray:
You guys are free to distribute whatever information you obtain to those affected via PM.

Ray

In a shorter summary, that's what I meant. DO post that you know how to get a hold of him here, but pass along the actual contact information on PM. Thanks Ray.

XL
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:20 AM
Originally posted by ZetecChris:
X wait a minute.....josh was just down to your house to buy your bumpers.....remember you calling me asking me to 2-way josh on my nextel.....you told me to tell josh to go to your house......you know where josh has been, you just saw him a week ago.

Yup, my house was the last time I saw him and *Poof!* The Great Houdini himself would be jealous. Anyways, Sam is hurting for money and I cannot mount my new Hella's without my factory foglamp brackets. Josh is truly MIA now...
He's had my dead pedal for over 4 months...
This sounds vaguely familiar but I won't mention any names....
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:29 AM
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:
He's had my dead pedal for over 4 months...

You too??? Mother of god make it stop!!!
Posted By: Pre98 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 02:59 AM
I quietly step out of this argument. Sorry for the mis-quote, and sorry for sticking up for someone who has an otherwise 100 percent business rating here.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 12:55 PM
I'd give him a minute or two, If people have been e-mailing him to get things done and he's not repling then its possible something has happened to him. I'm in no way sticking up for the guy, but if he was ripping people off, why would he just stop like that?
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
I'd give him a minute or two, If people have been e-mailing him to get things done and he's not repling then its possible something has happened to him. I'm in no way sticking up for the guy, but if he was ripping people off, why would he just stop like that?

This thread is in no way an attempt to take a shot at Josh or his quality of workmanship. He just needs to know that a proper communication is important to combine with his line of work. The two just go together. You take one out, and there goes your customer satisfaction. I used to run a business myself and learned this through trial and error. This thread is in no way an argument. It's an effort to locate and contact Josh ASAP. Someone may know something that we don't, and it may be vital that they post here. Thanks to all who can help...

XL
Not trying to be too harsh on him, but this goes for any buisiness...

You have to keep your customers informed, it's one of the biggest things they teach us (behind job details and safety, of course). It even says "NEVER turn your back and walk away from a customer who is uninformed" in my testable studies.

Even a simple "I've got some issues to take care of, will get to your stuff ASAP" would be better than disappearing.
I think maybe someone from Michigan saw one too many of his posts about how Michigan sucks and decided to finally do something about it.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/02/05 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Kane:
You HAVE to keep your customers informed, it's one of the biggest things they teach us (behind job details and safety, of course). It even says "NEVER turn your back and walk away from a customer who is uninformed" in my testable studies.

Even a simple "I've got some issues to take care of, will get to your stuff ASAP" would be better than disappearing.

A platinum post
Originally posted by Corbett:
I think maybe someone from Michigan saw one too many of his posts about how Michigan sucks and decided to finally do something about it.

LMAO!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Corbett:

hmmm...where's steeda??
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 04:16 PM
He has my set of SVT calipers. I was waiting to send the caliper brackets first, but no i want my calipers back!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 05:00 PM
And the outspoken SE'ers prove again how awesome they are. From Ryan saying how great Wayne is and botching customer service to Powdercoat man basically copying Rick's page and knocking down the pricing. Man I love it when my intuition proves right.
Originally posted by todras:
And the outspoken SE'ers prove again how awesome they are. From Ryan saying how great Wayne is and botching customer service to Powdercoat man basically copying Rick's page and knocking down the pricing. Man I love it when my intuition proves right.

Posted By: RawBurt Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 05:01 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Posted By: SVTatGT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 05:02 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

I did website work for him that I probably could have charged hundreds of dollars for, but I was nice and did it in exchange for some powdercoating. The website stuff got done but I still don't have any powdercoated parts, and every time I had talked to him there was an excuse about how he couldn't do it at the moment. Quite frankly I am not suprised that he is gone...
Posted By: Davo Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 05:05 PM

If your intuition told you that you'll probably be trash-talked in another forum now, then you were 100% correct!
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 05:53 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
I did website work for him that I probably could have charged hundreds of dollars for, but I was nice and did it in exchange for some powdercoating. The website stuff got done but I still don't have any powdercoated parts, and every time I had talked to him there was an excuse about how he couldn't do it at the moment. Quite frankly I am not suprised that he is gone...

Last time I saw him he was telling me how he was overwhelmed with work and was doing 6 day work weeks. Quite frankly I thought powdercoating was his main trade, and did not know it was a mere hobby until recently. He apparently works at a computer tech support center, and answers to a boss with a regular 9-5 schedule.

It was a strange thing when he told me this since he appeared as the retiree-level lifestyle type when he first came on the board posting pictures of 5,800 square foot houses. That and the whole powdercoating business propagation that took place on this website labeled him as a bored rich guy that was trying to do something that would help others while keeping him busy. Looks can be very deceiving I guess...

XL
When I was in Atlanta for "Chicken Wing Zing 05" without the chicken, he told me he worked for his Dad's company, didn't say what he did, but he told me abotu a bunch of "projects" he had made up, like a "gizmo" that allowed a 1996 Grand Cherokee I6 to get 110 mpg's, and a Grand Prix 3800 that was getting 148 mpg's through the use of magnets and yada yada yada. He had pics, graphs, and everything. The guy is just too ingenius in person to be a phony. If he's not rich or what not, he sure as hell plays the act better than Richie Rich.

... IT's weird, the guy knew a TON of [censored] when I talked to him, and it defently didn't sound like BS too me. He did speak A LOT about his knowledge of computers and also fabricated an "illegal device" for internet which he made for me out of appreciation for eveyrhting I did for him Down south. It worked great. That was the item he was complaining about shipping. I sent it back to him because I felt it was not needed.... and he was getting nervous that it would get picked up in lost and found at some USPS place.

Damn, me and him are twins.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 06:18 PM

But at least you came clean and admitted to being a BSer!

But at least you came clean and admitted to being a BSer!

I'm not all BS, though.

Oh, hey.... you sent me a text message of some sort that was in freakin wingdings or something. Were you drunk or did the signal just get fudged up?
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 06:33 PM
Oh, hey.... you sent me a text message of some sort that was in freakin wingdings or something. Were you drunk or did the signal just get fudged up?

Fudgety fudgeted signal. (I'm guessing)
Posted By: SAV Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 06:43 PM
And the outspoken SE'ers prove again how awesome they are.

Oh how I loathe living down here all over again.

-SAV
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/03/05 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Davo:

If your intuition told you that you'll probably be trash-talked in another forum now, then you were 100% correct!

Once again... awesome! Now I know how Milan feels.
Posted By: starjammir Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:21 PM
Talked to Josh today and he said for me to tell you guys some things...
1. He does not have phone or internet right now. He is staying at a friends house until his house closes in 10 days then he will be back online.
2. He told me that he has tracking numbers for the parts that he has shipped out.
Dont shoot the messanger!
Posted By: Davo Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:28 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
2. He told me that he has tracking numbers for the parts that he has shipped out.

Uh oh.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:32 PM

Why are you the messanger... ?

Why are you the messanger... ?

Since when did you talk to Josh/ dealt with him?

Tracking numbers....tracking numbers..... that sounds familiar.
Posted By: starjammir Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:51 PM
I talked with em this morning at around 9 or so....I messaged em on AIM to find out what was up.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:53 PM
1. He does not have phone or internet right now. He is staying at a friends house until his house closes in 10 days then he will be back online.

I talked with em this morning at around 9 or so....I messaged em on AIM to find out what was up.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:56 PM
He does not have phone or internet right now.

I messaged em on AIM to find out what was up.

Bill, do you find ANYTHING funny about these two sentences?

Mark
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 01:57 PM
1. He does not have phone or internet right now.

So he has enough internet to talk to you on AIM, but not enough to be able to let his customers who have paid him hundreds of dollars what is going on
Posted By: MxRacer Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:01 PM
messenger is getting shot. repeatedly.

lol.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:02 PM
lol, oops
Posted By: Sivart_dup1 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
He does not have phone or internet right now.

I messaged em on AIM to find out what was up.

Bill, do you find ANYTHING funny about these two sentences?

Mark

That's some funny shiz right there.
Posted By: Davo Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:07 PM
Who wants to bet that Kaotic and Powdercoat Man are partying on top a pile of car parts and body kits right now?
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:08 PM
Who wants to bet that Kaotic and Powdercoat Man are partying on top a pile of car parts and body kits right now?

...and money

Davo, I hate you but that was funny as hell.

JaminWitBS

Starjammir BS

StarJammedPoop

BillyBS'er

Hmm...

Posted By: SVTatGT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:25 PM
Don't blame Starjammir, its not his fault Josh is a lying prick
Don't blame Starjammir, its not his fault Josh is a lying prick

Oh I know..I'm just BS'in' around. Bill's a cool guy, I'd never "shoot" him per se.... maybe steal his wallet or something.

Nothin' but Love Billy Dawg!
Posted By: Davo Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:31 PM

Weren't you supposed to have left these forums 'for good' like 30 times now? I would ask why you keep coming back, but I don't think you ever even left. Were you just engaging in the juvenile ploy to get attention? It's pretty weak dude. I don't care that you've created an online life for yourself that far surpasses your real life in quality, but whining and crying and saying you're going to leave the forums and not leaving at all is one of the lamest things one can do.

I would have PMed you this, but my internet connection is down.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:33 PM

LMAO, Josh, is that you
Posted By: RawBurt Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:34 PM
its not his fault Josh is a lying prick

My prayers go out to those of you who have sent your items to this man... Poor business practices lead to a poor business. I still cant understand why people do this!!! It pisses me off so bad! Customer satisfaction should always be number one, when will people learn this!!!!!!!! <rant off>

ha ha funny /sarcasm
alright clown, you've given enough of your two comedic cents into this thread.
Please do use pm to stryped with anymore of your comments.
Thris thread is to help those who need their stuff back.
The same goes to the rest of you vultures and hyennas.
its not his fault Josh is a lying prick

My prayers go out to those of you who have sent your items to this man... Poor business practices lead to a poor business. I still cant understand why people do this!!! It pisses me off so bad! Customer satisfaction should always be number one, when will people learn this!!!!!!!! <rant off>

I do here you on that one Rob. Good guy in person and crap online, I probably won't deal with him with PC anymore, I just want my non powedercoated original dead pedal back. No powdercoat, no fancy package. Just slap it in an envelope and send it my way Josh.

Shoot, if you can't afford to ship it, I'll paypal you 10 bucks to send it back if need be.

Roger R dead pedals are no longer made, I just wanted a shot of clear PC on them to protect it better. In my eyes, the thing (although just a piece of center drilled and milled aluminum) is pretty priceless.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:52 PM
I do here you on that one Rob. Good guy in person and crap online

yeah, i hear there's a lot of that going around these days. i wonder what posseses people to lie and such?
Posted By: starjammir Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 02:59 PM
I dont know why he did not get on the boards. I sent him the link for it and he said he was pretty busy and didnt really have time to check it out. I can copy the convo if u guys really want. It wasnt more than 5 mins. Maybe Chad and I should both just have BS after our name....
Also chad go head and steal my wallet, there is nothing but dust in it

SWEEET!! I love dust!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 03:01 PM
I dont know why he did not get on the boards. I sent him the link for it and he said he was pretty busy and didnt really have time to check it out. I can copy the convo if u guys really want. It wasnt more than 5 mins. Maybe Chad and I should both just have BS after our name....

i wouldn't worry about it too much, bill. we have not reason not to trust you.

if anyone has any questions, i'm sure they can pm them to you.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 03:41 PM
Roger R dead pedals are no longer made, I just wanted a shot of clear PC on them to protect it better. In my eyes, the thing (although just a piece of center drilled and milled aluminum) is pretty priceless.

He has my factory manifolds which I wanted gutted and PCed to hook up a fellow CEGer with an economic alternative to headers but so much for that. More importantly so is my factory foglamp brackets that I need to install my Hellas onto my new bumper

He has my factory manifolds which I wanted gutted and PCed to hook up a fellow CEGer with an economic alternative to headers but so much for that. More importantly so is my factory foglamp brackets that I need to install my Hellas onto my new bumper

And I'm still waittng on pictures.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 04:23 PM
... I just want my non powedercoated original dead pedal back. No powdercoat, no fancy package. Just slap it in an envelope and send it my way Josh.

<<===== (* Begins to think about getting a posse together to run cross-state for a "visit"... *)
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
... I just want my non powedercoated original dead pedal back. No powdercoat, no fancy package. Just slap it in an envelope and send it my way Josh.

<<===== (* Begins to think about getting a posse together to run cross-state for a "visit"... *)

Go get em'! You have my e-support.

X and myself were going to do that last sunday but I got stuck at work someone got fired so I needed to cover the shift. I think were going to get together one of these days and drive to ft myers to see whats really going on. X wants to drive the intruder on a nice long trip to break it in after being dormant for so long. Plus with the new kit on it should be a sweet ride.
Posted By: Pyro81 Re: All who can help please read this!!! - 10/04/05 08:18 PM
Originally posted by svttour:

X and myself were going to do that last sunday but I got stuck at work someone got fired so I needed to cover the shift. I think were going to get together one of these days and drive to ft myers to see whats really going on. X wants to drive the intruder on a nice long trip to break it in after being dormant for so long. Plus with the new kit on it should be a sweet ride.

That'd be sweet if you went over there to get the real scoop on what the [censored] is going on. At least that way i wouldn't have to waste some of my vacation and money to fly down there just so i can get some answers.

No offense to the messenger, but i don't believe for a second that he's sent anything out and has tracking numbers in hand. And i won't believe it till i have a bonified tracking number in my email inbox.
Posted By: liquidX GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 03:36 PM
Didn't feel like summarizing...

powdercoatjosh: yo , i see you made a huge thread on me
liquidX190: ABOUT TIME YOU ANSWER
powdercoatjosh: had kidney infection
powdercoatjosh: and no phone / internet sucks
liquidX190: IMPOSSIBLE
liquidX190: (A cell borrowed, public phone does the trick)
powdercoatjosh: im at the store where i ship stuff , i use his internet from time to time
liquidX190: you mean every 6 months
powdercoatjosh: 8 months yes
liquidX190: Josh it's very dissapointing that you came across as a stand up guy and then let your rep down like this
liquidX190: Allot of dissapointed people out there
liquidX190: I just voiced everyone out by creating that thread because I was tired of all the PMs and e-mails asking me to get a hold of you
powdercoatjosh: well its just been hard lately , no house and kidney troubles .....so on
liquidX190: as you can see, the thread is asking for help, not bashing
liquidX190: Well alot of Cranberry juice and water does the trick
powdercoatjosh: not a problem man , all people have there stuff
powdercoatjosh: late yes , but shipped
powdercoatjosh: i havent even touched the bumpers
powdercoatjosh: i got the transmisison in and fidanza .....
powdercoatjosh: but 5th gear is shot , so im back in a mess again
liquidX190: I need the factory brackets so I can put hellas on my car!
powdercoatjosh: no problem man , i can take them off at the storage and send em
powdercoatjosh: im sorry man ,,,,i cant say how much
liquidX190: [censored] happens, just that it happens allot with you :-\
liquidX190: Wish I could say otherwise
powdercoatjosh: no, i would have to tell you situations in person or on the phone
powdercoatjosh: ok well hey i got to go ...... i will call you now if you want ?
powdercoatjosh: i need to get back to work so let me know ..
liquidX190: call me after 5 and we will talk...
powdercoatjosh: cant ,
powdercoatjosh: unless you want to call me back at a pay phone ?
liquidX190: okay just get the brackets out today priority mail if you can so I can have them installed by Sat
liquidX190: (Adress Information)
liquidX190: (Adress Information)
powdercoatjosh: got it
powdercoatjosh: im out of here
liquidX190: THANK YOU... I will update the forum
powdercoatjosh: yeah please do cause i got pyro his tracking number and number to the shipping store to verify its good ...
powdercoatjosh: ttyl man .....peace
Posted By: Pole120 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 03:39 PM
I told you guys how long ago that this guy was most def. nothing but trouble , it's just sad to see i was right.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 03:53 PM
he's full of [censored]....pay phone? That was good...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 04:03 PM
Probably busy piloting jet fighters.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 04:06 PM

powdercoatjosh: yo , i see you made a huge thread on me

powdercoatjosh: and no phone / internet sucks

It either works or it doesn't. Looks like it works since he said he saw this post.

powdercoatjosh: unless you want to call me back at a pay phone ?

Posted By: Davo Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 04:11 PM
Probably busy piloting jet fighters.

LMAFAO
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 04:36 PM
This guy is a friggin joke! And to think I was going to try and support his business by handing out his business cards. I think tonight I'm going home and spread his business cards on my back lawn, and drop a big, hot, steamy deuce on top of them.
How is he on AIM, but can't get on CEG? You can either AIM from a computer, or from a cell phone! So he's coming back with some serious BS lines! Looks like his business is going under and he's taking the easy way out.
May his dog run away, his wife leave him, and his house catch on fire.

Mark
Posted By: SAV Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 04:41 PM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!! This is FUN!

Guess what supporters of Josh, brainwashed CEG'ers that passed out cards for his site?!

I told ya so.

-SAV
Posted By: Pole120 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 04:42 PM
He's a fraud and full of sh!t...who would ahve thought
Posted By: svt4stv Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 06:04 PM

powdercoatjosh: well its just been hard lately , no house and kidney troubles .....so on

did he lose his house or something? with the kind of money he was saying his wife makes, i find it hard to believe he has no phone and a bad internet connection
Posted By: Davo Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
And to think I was going to try and support his business by handing out his business cards. I think tonight I'm going home and spread his business cards on my back lawn, and drop a big, hot, steamy deuce on top of them.
How is he on AIM, but can't get on CEG?

Pics or ban.

I don't understand why everyone on CEG always rides the jock of anyone who is doing work for the Contour. Seems like people bow unconditionally to anyone that either wants to make new parts for our cars or improve our current parts. Unfortunately, the naivete of some here has gotten the better of them. A nod goes to those who run their businesses here appropriately (Brad, Rick), but the confidence of the people here should really be damaged, and rightfully so.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 06:16 PM
I agree Dave. The thing is, there were a lot of CEG'ers that were getting their parts back from Josh that were happy with his work, and his price. Soooo, sure I'll help promote that type of business. I can't help that he turned into a lame-arse after providing a service to CEG.

Mark
Posted By: Pyro81 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 07:42 PM
powdercoatjosh: yeah please do cause i got pyro his tracking number and number to the shipping store to verify its good ...

Yes, he did provide me with a tracking number when i saw him on aim and contacted him. I just called the shipping store and verified that he was indeed there and shipped out several packages. However i was not able to verify if any of them were mine because the guy on the other side was from India and could barely understand a thing i was saying. For a moment there the guy thought i was calling him a moron and that he didn't know how to do his job. Don't know where he pulled that [censored] from...
Posted By: jerseyca�10 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:18 PM

I don't understand why everyone on CEG always rides the jock of anyone who is doing work for the Contour. Seems like people bow unconditionally to anyone that either wants to make new parts for our cars or improve our current parts. Unfortunately, the naivete of some here has gotten the better of them. A nod goes to those who run their businesses here appropriately (Brad, Rick), but the confidence of the people here should really be damaged, and rightfully so.

Whose jock should they ride? Yours? People who do nothing to advance an aging platform?
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:24 PM
i hope my promise will still be kept. i gave him a free svt maf at my chicken wing zing bbq if he would powdercoat my new 75mm pro m and my tb. maybe i wont send them to him cause without that i cant drive.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:24 PM
Originally posted by jerseycat10:

Whose jock should they ride? Yours? People who do nothing to advance an aging platform?

Davo's point is a valid point. Very recently, two 'vendors' (for a lack of better terms) who were unknown items were given all kinds of praise about their 'services.' Too date, IMO, both have been HUGE flops. On ANY message forum, I am skeptical of people who show up, claim X product and have no rep, and are just side business guys. In today's world, unfortnately, you have to be paranoid about these types of businesses.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:25 PM
I wouldnt call powedercoating parts advancing an aging platform.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
i hope my promise will still be kept. i gave him a free svt maf at my chicken wing zing bbq if he would powdercoat my new 75mm pro m and my tb. maybe i wont send them to him cause without that i cant drive.

He owes me free powdercoating on 4 brake calipers, a maf, and a throttle body, but I sure as hell aint sending him my parts becuase I don't want to be without my car for 4 months, which seems to be the average turn around time
Posted By: Davo Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:26 PM
Originally posted by jerseycat10:

They shouldn't ride anyone's jock. Sometimes all you hear is "well they're making parts for our cars so they're all gods". If you want to give your money and car parts to people you don't know, good for you.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:29 PM
Like I said, poor customer satisfaction leads to a poor business. I know that I just had some things coated, and if it wasn't for josh's terrible customer satisfaction/ rep, I would have sent them to him. Way to lose business man SOmeone flush the toilet on this guy!!!
Posted By: Static Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:31 PM
it seems as if he has promised a lot of people free PCing jobs. I see something really wrong with that. I could see two or three people but it seems a bit more then that.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 08:40 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I wouldnt call powedercoating parts advancing an aging platform.

Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/06/05 09:18 PM
Over at FastCougar I made a post as well demanding that his FREE web banner be removed immediately and to voice awareness to what was going on with members on several different message boards including myself.

It appears that Pyro81 and a few others over at FastCougar have their parts or tracking now.. What about me??? I was also promised a $100.00 refund the last PM I got from Greg when I asked where my parts are..

BTW -- WHO IS GREG? is that Josh's alter ego (pen name) or someone who works for/with him?

So if anyone does hear from him again or calls him can you PLEASE find out status on my parts (TB/TB Bracket/MAF and a set of Vave Covers)

Posted By: Static Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/07/05 12:09 AM
I got $10 saying most of you guys dont get your stuff and $100 saying that any and all free PCing jobs promised by this guy dont happen
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/07/05 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Static:
it seems as if he has promised a lot of people free PCing jobs. I see something really wrong with that. I could see two or three people but it seems a bit more then that.

He didn't just give them out for no reason. He owes me PCing in exchange for me writing some scripts for his website
Posted By: Static Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/07/05 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Static:

He didn't just give them out for no reason. He owes me PCing in exchange for me writing some scripts for his website

I know that but the fact that he said I will do this for you if you do that for me is not a good sign usually. In my experience 90% of people who say stuff like that dont come through. That is just my $0.02
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/10/05 07:52 PM
Enjoy fellas. this from oct 10th. read the bold. he did say a few odd things tho dont quite understand why tho. enjoi!

johndavid101 (3:09:18 PM): hey man long time no talk how ya been?
powdercoatjosh (3:09:59 PM): LOL, you all must think im slow ...tell X good one
johndavid101 (3:10:17 PM): huh?
powdercoatjosh (3:11:00 PM): been sick with kidney infection and busy / waiting on my house to close
johndavid101 (3:11:29 PM): damn dude sry to hear that.
powdercoatjosh (3:11:59 PM): yeah it sucks man , every night before i go to bed my body shakes, damn medication ...
powdercoatjosh (3:12:05 PM): sure isnt fun at al
powdercoatjosh (3:12:07 PM): l
johndavid101 (3:12:21 PM): i hear that
johndavid101 (3:12:40 PM): question for ya.
powdercoatjosh (3:12:50 PM): ok
johndavid101 (3:12:55 PM): whats up with everyone bad mouthing u?
powdercoatjosh (3:13:29 PM): no idea man , i think they all think i was ripping them off cause i wasnt onlione for a long time
powdercoatjosh (3:13:44 PM): but im waiting on my house to close and i dont have internet or a cell phone
johndavid101 (3:14:14 PM): if u want i can give ppl the tracking numbers etc to let them kno ur not rippin them
powdercoatjosh (3:15:13 PM): i have provided all that info
johndavid101 (3:15:41 PM): o, ther sayin they aint. whatever. what part of flordia u movin to now
powdercoatjosh (3:16:04 PM): how is saying they dont have a tracking number ????
johndavid101 (3:16:35 PM): check on powdercoat forums and ceg<u might haveta search
powdercoatjosh (3:16:54 PM): oh you saing this from a few days ago ?
johndavid101 (3:17:18 PM): well powdercoat yes CEG its been a few weeks i guess
powdercoatjosh (3:17:19 PM): i just recently updated people i think last thursday
powdercoatjosh (3:17:29 PM): yeah its all taken care of
johndavid101 (3:17:33 PM): k kool

johndavid101 (3:18:02 PM): u still powdercoatin tho right? i have a few things i wuldnt mind sendin ya
powdercoatjosh (3:18:10 PM): sure man
johndavid101 (3:18:41 PM): lemme get the money together and parts and then ill get bak to ya
powdercoatjosh (3:19:12 PM): what parts are you thnking ?
powdercoatjosh (3:19:20 PM): i got a spare set of valve covers
johndavid101 (3:19:29 PM): MAF- RIMS
johndavid101 (3:20:37 PM): no thanks man dont wanna go thru all that trouble even tho it aint a [censored] to do i jus dont feel like goin thru it to take them old ones off and put new ones on
powdercoatjosh (3:20:55 PM): oh ok thats no problem
powdercoatjosh (3:21:09 PM): well yeah its a pain, but not too bad
johndavid101 (3:22:00 PM): u powdercoated x foglight brakets right?
powdercoatjosh (3:22:09 PM): no
powdercoatjosh (3:22:45 PM): i got to send em to him , they are on the bumper still in storage , i will have them off today
johndavid101 (3:23:02 PM): o
johndavid101 (3:23:08 PM): oooo yea u have his old bumper
powdercoatjosh (3:23:13 PM): front and rear
powdercoatjosh (3:23:26 PM): front has serious issues , i got to have it all redone
johndavid101 (3:23:47 PM): i bet
johndavid101 (3:23:53 PM): hows ur tour comin along?
johndavid101 (3:26:25 PM): ?
powdercoatjosh (3:28:51 PM): well kinda shity man
powdercoatjosh (3:29:03 PM): i got the trans from sam , but 5th gear went out
johndavid101 (3:29:13 PM): =-O
powdercoatjosh (3:29:18 PM): after paying the 450.00 install price , with new clutch and fidanza
johndavid101 (3:30:06 PM): damn that blows
powdercoatjosh (3:30:17 PM): yeah
johndavid101 (3:30:21 PM): u and transmissions dont seem to get along to well
powdercoatjosh (3:30:53 PM): yeah i know or females
johndavid101 (3:32:13 PM): u gunna be able to make it to any more meets?
powdercoatjosh (3:32:17 PM): sure
johndavid101 (3:32:31 PM): check out contour2.org and check the forums out
powdercoatjosh (3:33:02 PM): i dont have time 2 right now, im heading back over the the transmission place
powdercoatjosh (3:33:21 PM): having them fix the 5th gear
johndavid101 (3:33:25 PM): yea
johndavid101 (3:33:56 PM): u shuld come up to macon oct 29th chris is comin to i thnk got a dyno day setup
powdercoatjosh (3:34:35 PM): too soon to my house closing ..
johndavid101 (3:34:42 PM): o
powdercoatjosh (3:34:50 PM): yah i close the 14th
powdercoatjosh (3:34:57 PM): then have to move in and so on ....
johndavid101 (3:35:02 PM): gotcha
johndavid101 (3:35:12 PM): wher in fla?
powdercoatjosh (3:35:13 PM): doing a friends audi a4 ....450HP
powdercoatjosh (3:35:23 PM): doing a turbo / intercooler swap and so on
johndavid101 (3:35:32 PM): nice
powdercoatjosh (3:35:45 PM): gonna be a small challenge like my dick lmao , but i know my way around with cars
johndavid101 (3:36:21 PM): i kno my way around the duratec and 302 but anything else nope
johndavid101 (3:36:43 PM): it wuldnt be to hard for to figure it out but just i dont wanna
johndavid101 (3:38:18 PM): ight man i g2g head out to work. take it easy and ill be in touch with ya to get my stuf done . later
powdercoatjosh (3:38:40 PM): k
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/12/05 01:52 AM
any thoughtz
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/12/05 01:55 AM
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
any thoughtz

yeah, he's a [censored] tool. how's that for "thoughtzzzzzzz"

~Andrew
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/12/05 02:00 AM
i was jus trying to help the ppl he screwed over. didnt need any smartass comments
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/12/05 02:08 AM
I thought this post got locked... Hmm, I dunno, he sounds like he's taking care of things and everything he says seems ligitimate. I could be just tired and over reading.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/12/05 11:01 AM
I still haven't received my parts... I'd certainly love a tracking number as well...

I honestly have this feeling that its been so long he's forgotten about me.

so to whoever talks to him next can someone please ask about my orange powdercoated covers/tb/maf and bracket?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 10/12/05 01:30 PM
I thought this post got locked... Hmm, I dunno, he sounds like he's taking care of things and everything he says seems ligitimate. I could be just tired and over reading.

oh yeah... everyone's been taken care of so well.
Posted By: LadyX Re: GOT A HELPFUL UPDATE - 11/07/05 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MX Racer:
oh yeah... everyone's been taken care of so well.

Agreed. I stopped posting here a little while ago, but this here is ridiculous. Josh I like how your foglights look in that thread that got locked. I bet X will be real pleased to know that his foglamp brackets are part of your new "cool" car after trying to chase you for 2 months to get them .

~Gianna
© CEG Archives